Create your own unique virtual stringed instruments with Ableton's Tension. Tension integrates directly with Ableton Live, dropping right into your workflow like any other instrument or processor built into the program, right down to the freakishly easy-to-use graphic interface. Without so much as breaking a virtual sweat, you'll find yourself quickly tweaking parameters to define all of the important parameters of your virtual stringed instrument, right down to the thickness of the frets and the friction of the strings. What's particularly awesome about this approach to synthesis is that you can easily use Tension to quickly create very realistic and organic-sounding instruments that are completely unique to the piece you're writing, even if you aren't already a synth nut. So, if you're looking for a creative way to expand your musical palette, then you definitely want to add the Ableton Tension virtual instrument to your Ableton Live rig.
Ableton Tension Virtual Instrument
- Physical modeling lets you define every aspect of your instruments
- From super-realistic to totally surreal and everything in between
- An easy way to get even more out of Ableton Live
Physical modeling lets you define every aspect of your instruments
Made in collaboration with AAS (Applied Acoustics Systems), Ableton Tension borrows heavily from the same advanced physical modeling behind the legendary String Studio instrument. What physical modeling does for Tension is that it allows you to independently define the materials, dimensions, and overall characteristics that your virtual stringed instrument would have if it was real. Best of all, all of the extremely complex math involved with creating such realistic sound is tucked well away behind an incredibly streamlined user interface, allowing you to start creating sounds from day one, without having to ever crack a manual.
From super-realistic to totally surreal and everything in between
Are you ready to get creative? With Ableton Tension, it's easy to color way outside the box to create cool and original instrument sounds that aren't blatantly synthetic. For instance, creating a violin in Tension is a piece of cake (you can just load up a violin model from the massive included preset library), but that's just the beginning. Next, you can take that violin model and make the body the size of a small aquarium... and add frets to the fingerboard... and play it with a set of hammers if you like... or add a guitar pickup. Get the idea? The cool thing is that no matter how far out to left field you go with your sound design, Tension always retains some semblance of realism, allowing you to be synthesis to work for your music in entirely new ways.
An easy way to get even more out of Ableton Live
What makes Tension different from any other VST or AU plug-in? Simple - it's not a conventional plug-in at all. Instead, Tension integrates directly into the DNA of Ableton Live, becoming one more integrated tool you can use to take your music further. What's more, Tension and all the other Ableton Live expansions use the same simple interface style as Live itself, so you don't have to learn a whole new workflow to get great new sounds in the environment you're already familiar with. You can even stack multiple Tensions together, add effect and MIDI processors, and then save it all as a Rack for future use.
Ableton Tension Virtual Instrument Features
- A unique physical modeling string synthesizer that integrates directly into the Ableton Live environment
- Created in collaboration with Applied Acoustics Systems (AAS) and based on the same advanced physical modeling synthesis technology found in String Studio
- Simulates each component of a stringed instrument, allowing you to tweak everything from how the string is played to the size and type of instrument body used
- Perfect for modeling real stringed instruments from guitars to cellos, but also great for creative sound design
- Includes expertly programmed presets ranging from a wide selection of stringed instruments to hybrid inventions that show Tension's sound design capabilities
- String module features Damping and Decay parameters to simulate the brightness and vibration of different types of strings
- Inharm knob adjusts the tuning of partials from purely harmonic to inharmonic
- Excitator section reproduces how the String module is played (e.g., plectrum, bow, hammer, etc.)
- Define the body dimension of your instrument as well as its resonant qualities to simulate different kinds of body material
- Damper section lets you define the way in which your virtual strings settle
- Termination emulates the interaction between the virtual finger, fret, and string
- Finger section features Finger and Stiff knobs to simulate different finger behaviors
- Fret section features a Stiff knob to control the stiffness of the fret in relation to the string and the pressure applied by the finger.
- Pickup section allows you to model the characteristics of a magnetic pickup, including the distance of the pickup from the string
- A multimode filter with 2-pole and 4-pole lowpass, highpass, bandpass, notch and formant modes features a dedicated envelope and LFO to let you further shape your sound
- Many parameters can be modulated via key tracking and velocity for expressive, dynamic playing
Create fun, exciting, and totally unique stringed instrument sounds with the Ableton Tension virtual instrument for Ableton Live!
Ableton Tension (Download) Tech Specs
- Software Type Physical Modeling String Synthesizer
- Platform Mac, PC
- Upgrade/Full Expansion
- Download/Boxed Download
- Format AU, VST, (Only for use within Ableton Live)
- Hardware Requirements - Mac Intel Mac, 2GB RAM
- Hardware Requirements - PC Multicore Processor, 2GB RAM
- OS Requirements - Mac OS X 10.5-10.9
- OS Requirements - PC Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7-Windows 8 2GB RAM
- Manufacturer Part Number 83837
The includes a 1 Year return to base warranty. This warranty applies to all equipment which has developed a manufacturer defect during application. Please contact us to confirm the availability and lowest price for any product. For quotes and price matching requests, contact us and include the competing website address.
|Condition||Sealed / New|
|Free Shipping||Hong Kong|
|Delivered HKD Price||Shown at checkout|
Look no further than AudioBuy when buying gear online in Hong Kong , always at the lowest price with free shipping to all locations serviced by FEDEX. Please contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioBuy Hong Kong are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioBuy Hong Kong to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.
Online orders are confirmed in stock and ready to ship before payment is completed. orders ship FEDEX and will require signature upon delivery. Orders are typically delivered within 4-5 business days following dispatch. Fedex tracking details are provided for all orders.
Hong Kong is a free port and does not levy any duty on imports (or exports). There is also no sales tax or other import charges. The total delivered price for delivery to Hong Kong will be . Detailed information on import declaration procedures and import restrictions can be found at the Hong Kong Customs website.
- Buy products with confidence.
- Ships to most locations in Hong Kong including Kowloon , Tsuen Wan and Yuen Long.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Contact AudioBuy Hong Kong for detailed information about our warranty terms and conditions.
What is the process after I checkout?
Following checkout your order number will be generated and stock availability confirmed before a Paypal invoice is emailed to your registered email address. If your order is not in stock and cannot be shipped within 10 business days then your order will be cancelled. If your order is in stock or can be ordered from the manufacturer for FEDEX dispatch within 10 business days then we will email a Paypal invoice to complete payment.
Following checkout your Paypal invoice will be emailed to you within 24 hours if your entire is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer (Monday-Friday). You will receive a Paypal invoice (request for payment) from AudioBuy or from one of our shipping partners.
When do I pay?
You do not pay at checkout. If your order is in stock or readily available from the manufacturer then a Paypal payment request (invoice) will be emailed to you from AudioBuy or from one of our shipping partners. This is to ensure that we do not collect payment for orders which cannot be promptly dispatched and delivered.
Will my shipped order be delivered safely and securely?
All paid orders are shipped with FEDEX and are marked as "fragile" to ensure that your ordered items are securely and safely handled prior to final delivery. All orders are dispatched with protective casing and packaging to further protect your ordered item(s) during transit to your delivery address. All orders require signature upon delivery to ensure that your order is delivered to the correct recipient at the correct address , apartment number etc. If you are unavailable at the time of delivery your order will be held at the local FEDEX center and a calling card left at your delivery address to organise re-delivery or pickup.
How do I check for stock levels?
Email "email@example.com" to enquire about current stock levels for the . We aim to stock popular items at all times and are able to quickly order in products if they are currently not in stock. In the event of product backorder or product discontinuation your order will be cancelled and a payment request (Paypal) will not be processed.
What are our hours of operation?
Stock inventory and order related enquiries are monitored and responded to everyday excluding major public holidays (Monday-Sunday). Orders are physically shipped during standard FEDEX hours (Monday-Friday , excluding major public holidays). Paypal invoices for order processing are issued Monday-Friday excluding major public holidays.
When will my order be delivered?
Following Paypal payment your order will be FEDEX dispatched within 1-2 business days if your order is in stock. If your order is only in stock with the manufacturer then we will require up to 10 business days to FEDEX dispatch your order. After your order has been shipped we will email your FEDEX tracking number to the email address you provided during checkout / account sign-up. The average FEDEX transit time is 3-5 business days to most international locations.
Can you price match with another retailer?
Yes. Contact "firstname.lastname@example.org" with the product name and the competing website's URL. Our total price including FEDEX delivery is currently . When comparing prices with other retailers be aware that their prices may not include international or domestic FEDEX shipping costs.