The AKG C 12 is one of the first famous tube microphones in the history of recording. This collector's item is still very much sought after and engineers all over the world love it for its fantastic, unique sound. Now, AKG's C 12 VR offers a remarkable renaissance of the original, with new self noise and distortion specs optimized to meet the current state of the art.AKG C 12 VR Tube Microphone at a Glance
- Recreation of a legendary tube mic with improved performance
- Combination of diaphragm and tube deliver remarkable sound
- Filters, pads and sensitivity adjustments let you tailor the mic to your needs
AKG's C 12 VR is similar to the original C 12, from the capsule sound to the original 6072A vacuum tube. The only difference is that its self noise and distortion specs were optimized to meet the current state of the art. The C 12 VR version is even more rugged, less susceptible to hum interference, and provides exceptionally low self noise. You'll be impressed by its remarkable performance!A sound beyond words!
The return of the 1-inch dual-diaphragm capsule and the original 6072A vacuum tube give the C 12 VR the same sound characteristics of warmth, clarity, and presence that had made the C 12 world famous. Forget your EQ - the C 12 VR provides a perfect sound with no external processing. From omni to cardioid to figure-eight, no less than nine polar patterns are selectable on the remote control.Rolloff, pad and sensitivity, all adjustable
With two remotely controllable bass rolloff filters, switchable preattenuation pad, and selectable 10dB increase in nominal sensitivity, the C 12 VR will meet the most diverse challenges. The output transformer uses a special winding to minimize low-frequency distortion, and internal shock mounts effectively reduce handling noise.AKG C 12 VR Tube Microphone Features
- Classic 1-inch condenser tube performance of the original AKG C 12
- Dual diaphragm, 1" diameter gold sputtered mylar foil
- Multiple patterns remotely controlled with silent switching
- Polar patterns: omnidirectional, cardioid, and figure-8, with 6 intermediate patterns (silent switching)
- Uses the original 6072 vacuum tube
- Uses the original 1950's dual diaphragm design for sound that has the same warmth, clarity and presence of the original
- Internal microphone switching for pre-attenuation of -10, -20dB and boost of +10dB to accommodate all studio requirements.
- External (in control unit) two-position bass cut/roll-off
- Frequency response 30Hz - 20kHz (+/-2.5dB from published curves)
- Impedance: 200 ohms (+/-25%) Recommended load impedance: 1000 ohms or greater
- Output connector (from control unit): XLR (pin 2 positive)
- Output connector (from microphone): Tuchel 12-pin
- Sensitivity at 1kHz: 10 mV/Pa for all patterns; -40dB (dB re 1 V/Pa)
- Equivalent noise level (A-weighted): 22dB (DIN 45412)
- Sound pressure level for 3% THD: 128dB (equivalent to 50 Pa)
- Pre-attenuation: -10 and -20dB (at microphone)
- Sensitivity increase: 10dB (at microphone)
- Low frequency roll-off/bass cut: two-position (at control unit)
- Power requirement: 115/230 Vac Microphone
- Aluminum flight case, N 12 VR remote power supply, H 15/T elastic suspension, MK 12V R 30-foot connecting cable and W 42 foam windscreen included
The AKG C 12 VR Tube Microphone: An improved version of a classic!
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days. You will not receive a Paypal invoice to complete payment if your order is on backorder or unavailable with the manufacturer for shipment.
The includes a 1 Year return to base warranty. This warranty applies to all equipment which has developed a manufacturer defect during application. Please contact us to confirm the availability and lowest price for any product. For quotes and price matching requests, contact us and include the competing website address.
|Condition||Sealed / New|
|Free Shipping||Hong Kong|
Contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioBuy Hong Kong are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioBuy to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.
Online orders are confirmed in stock and ready to ship before payment is completed. orders ship FEDEX and will require signature upon delivery. Orders are typically delivered within 4-5 business days following dispatch. Fedex tracking details are provided for all orders.
Hong Kong is a free port and does not levy any duty on imports (or exports). There is also no sales tax or other import charges. The total delivered price for delivery to Hong Kong will be . Detailed information on import declaration procedures and import restrictions can be found at the Hong Kong Customs website.
- Buy products with confidence.
- Ships to most locations in Hong Kong including Kowloon , Tsuen Wan and Yuen Long.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Contact AudioBuy Hong Kong for detailed information about our warranty terms and conditions.