The BOCK 251 is David Bock’s answer to the vintage mic dilemma of getting “that sound” without the headaches. It is a premier lead microphone for premier voices. It is built to last and provide the studio and user with many years of daily, high end performance.
The BOCK 251 provides the user with absolute confidence that this is the mic you put in the most critical situations. The BOCK 251 uses a proprietary hand made German capsule, a proprietary hand wound multi sectioned audio transformer, a NOS tube in the mic amplifier, a hand built outboard power supply and a custom low capacitance audio cable. This is one of the best overall mic packages available on the market at any price. The BOCK 251 is the ideal microphone to choose when there is a variety of applications that must met with absolute top recording quality. With frequency response that extends well beyond the normal range of typical studio microphones, the BOCK 251 sets new standards.
For vocals, the BOCK 251 instantly delivers that huge vocal sound you have wanted for years. It sounds equally impressive on females and males. It will capture the most intimate and subtle details of a vocal yet maintain integrity at high SPL’s. It holds up track after track, “sitting on top” in extremely dense mixes without EQ.
For instruments, the BOCK 251 offers very high end performance on critical stringed instruments, orchestras, choirs and small ensembles. The outstanding transient response reveals elusive harmonic details that spell the difference between good and great in your recordings.
The BOCK 251 cardioid pattern shuts off the back of the capsule to deliver extraordinary vocals when worked very close. It is recommended to use a pop filter on less experienced vocalists to enable closer working distances to take advantage of the magical proximity effect. There is no low frequency filtering used on a BOCK 251 so you will hear low frequency content you’ve never heard before.
At distance, the BOCK 251 delivers a level of definition that is amazing. The high end does not fade with distance like so many other condensers and the power and depth of the low end response is a joy to hear. The omni and Figure 8 patterns prove useful in these non-voice applications.
System Includes 6 pin Tuchel cable, AC cable, wood box, spider shock mount, and shipping system.
Technical advantages of the Bock Audio 251 Tube Condenser Microphone
- True transformer balanced output using hybrid lamination four section transformer*. Our transformer is ten times the size of the original so you get no rolloff in the low end until 8Hz (with no loss of high frequencies), making our mic more full bandwidth than the original.
- NOS dual triode** with traditional resistive (not transistor) load and enhanced original circuitry for unique vintage amplification curve and dynamics response!
- Selected ck12 type capsule.
- True linear power supply featuring choke fed, passive shunt regulated B+ voltage and new super-quiet heater regulation, providing a better hum and noise spec than the original.
- Original headgrille dimensions and wire mesh layers are maintained for faithful replication of classic 251 headgrille resonance effects.
- Higher wattage resistors reduce noise effects due to heating inside the mic.
- Shock mounted ceramic tube socket unlike any other in the industry reduces in-band tube resonance & increases s/n while ensuring long trouble free life.
- Switchable three patterns on mic: omni, cardioid, fig 8. Cardioid completely removes the rear membrane and it’s associated circuitry from the signal path ensuring an optimized tone and s/n.
- P251 power supply has power on indicators located at both ends for quick and easy “power on/off” status verification.
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days. You will not receive a Paypal invoice to complete payment if your order is on backorder or unavailable with the manufacturer for shipment.
The includes a 1 Year return to base warranty. This warranty applies to all equipment which has developed a manufacturer defect during application. Please contact us to confirm the availability and lowest price for any product. For quotes and price matching requests, contact us and include the competing website address.
|Condition||Sealed / New|
|Free Shipping||Hong Kong|
Contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioBuy Hong Kong are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioBuy to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.
Online orders are confirmed in stock and ready to ship before payment is completed. orders ship FEDEX and will require signature upon delivery. Orders are typically delivered within 4-5 business days following dispatch. Fedex tracking details are provided for all orders.
Hong Kong is a free port and does not levy any duty on imports (or exports). There is also no sales tax or other import charges. The total delivered price for delivery to Hong Kong will be . Detailed information on import declaration procedures and import restrictions can be found at the Hong Kong Customs website.
- Buy products with confidence.
- Ships to most locations in Hong Kong including Kowloon , Tsuen Wan and Yuen Long.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Contact AudioBuy Hong Kong for detailed information about our warranty terms and conditions.