The Chameleon Labs 7603 channel strip gives you Class A clean mic gain and British-sounding tone shaping at a project studio price. This rackmountable unit makes a great front end for your vocals, kick drum, or bass guitar, and also adds real analog thump and shimmer to your previously recorded takes - great for working out of the box. The 7603 is an update to Chameleon Labs' first-ever product, the 7602, and it sounds better than ever thanks to discrete EQ op-amps, proprietary wound input and output transformers, and a custom internal power supply (no wall wart) to keep this unit running at its peak.
Chameleon Labs 7603 Microphone/Line Preamplifier
- An update to the Chameleon Labs 7602
- Inductor-based EQs provide musical tone shaping
- MuMetal casing protects signals from interference
A update to the Chameleon Labs 7602
Pro and project studios have sung the Chameleon Labs 7602's praise since its release. This was one of the first affordable channel strips to bring the coveted 1073 pre/EQ sound to the masses. Chameleon Labs have made the 7602 even better in the 7603 channel strip. For starters, they gave the 7603 its own proprietary internal power supply for solid performance without the wall wart. They've also upgraded the front end with a custom-wound nickel input transformer for better grounding, richer mic gain, and a fuller-sounding DI. Finally, gain staging is even easier in the 7603 thanks to a backlit VU meter with custom ballistics for a precision response.
Inductor-based EQs provide musical tone shaping
Sound professionals all over the world rely on inductor EQs from legends like Robert Neve for their musical-sounding boosting. The 7603's 3-band inductor EQ section is intuitive to use and easy on the ears, letting you sweeten vocals and goose guitars instantly in the midst of any busy session with a distinctly British flavor. These three EQ modules each feature discrete op-amps true to their vintage designs. Additionally, an onboard highpass filter lets you tune out rumble and HVAC noise that can eat up your bandwidth. Tone purists here at AudioBuy applaud Chameleon Labs for giving the 7603 an EQ in/out toggle for sonic versatility.
MuMetal casing protects signals from interference
The 7603 has excellent shielding to keep interference from degrading your signal. The MuMetal chassis does a great job of keeping Wi-Fi, RFI, and other wireless signals from tarnishing a performance.
Chameleon Labs 7603 Microphone/Line Preamplifier Features
- A killer channel strip for under a grand
- Classic 1970s analog British sound
- A musical front end for your mics, instruments, and DI signals
- Class A mic preamp with +70dB of gain and low distortion
- 3-band inductor EQ with discrete op-amps for powerful analog tone shaping
- Highpass filter keeps unwanted rumble from muddying your mix
- Proprietary wound input/output transformers with nickel laminations and bobbin assemblies
- Proprietary power supply delivers solid performance without the wall wart
- MuMetal chassis keeps out Wi-Fi, RFI, and other wireless signals
- Color-coded milled aluminum knobs keep you organized
- Mic/line, +48-volt phantom, polarity, and EQ in/out toggles
- Switchable 300/1200-ohm mic impedance provides the best sound for your dynamics and condensers
- VU meter with custom ballistics delivers precision performance
The classic 1970s analog British sound for under a grand: the Chameleon Labs 7603!
- Preamp Type Solid State
- Number of Channels 1
- Frequency Response 10Hz - 20kHz -0.5dB 10Hz - 50kHz -1dB 10Hz - 20kHz -0.5dB 10Hz - 50kHz -1dB 10Hz - 20kHz -0.5dB, 10Hz - 50kHz -1dB
- Phantom Power Yes
- EQ Yes
- Analog Inputs 2 x XLR (Mic/Line), 1 x 1/4" Hi-Z
- Rack Spaces 1U
- Manufacturer Part Number 7603
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days. You will not receive a Paypal invoice to complete payment if your order is on backorder or unavailable with the manufacturer for shipment.
The includes a 1 Year return to base warranty. This warranty applies to all equipment which has developed a manufacturer defect during application. Please contact us to confirm the availability and lowest price for any product. For quotes and price matching requests, contact us and include the competing website address.
|Condition||Sealed / New|
|Free Shipping||Hong Kong|
Contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioBuy Hong Kong are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioBuy to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.
Online orders are confirmed in stock and ready to ship before payment is completed. orders ship FEDEX and will require signature upon delivery. Orders are typically delivered within 4-5 business days following dispatch. Fedex tracking details are provided for all orders.
Hong Kong is a free port and does not levy any duty on imports (or exports). There is also no sales tax or other import charges. The total delivered price for delivery to Hong Kong will be . Detailed information on import declaration procedures and import restrictions can be found at the Hong Kong Customs website.
- Buy products with confidence.
- Ships to most locations in Hong Kong including Kowloon , Tsuen Wan and Yuen Long.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Contact AudioBuy Hong Kong for detailed information about our warranty terms and conditions.