The DMC-8D is our largest MIDI controller, combining the comprehensive control of the DMC-6D with two extra buttons for tap tempo and a “favorite” preset. The DMC-8D can fully control up to four connected MIDI devices with preset mapping, tap tempo, expression, bypass, and more. It offers up to 120 presets that combine patches on all of your MIDI devices, a full looper mode for the Strymon Timeline or Line 6 M9 / M13, and preset control of additional devices such as amplifiers or switching systems. The DMC-8D works seamlessly with the Disaster Area DPC-5, DPC-8EZ, or DPC-4EZ, transforming into a full master controller for your MIDI and non-MIDI devices alike.
If you use software sequencers / DAWs such as Ableton Live, Mainstage, etc. we offer a firmware version that can control these applications. The DMC-8D can launch clips, control the transport, send expression to any automatable parameters, and more.
We also offer Elektron Octatrack firmware, which works with the Pickup Machine on the Elektron Octatrack. It allows control of start / rec, sequencer start / stop and lock, next track, previous track, tap tempo, and expression pedal control of the crossfader.
Disaster Area Designs DMC-8D MIDI Foot Controller Specifications
- Dimensions: 10″w x 2″ h x 2.5″ d
- 8-pin DIN MIDI OUT (phantom power compatible)
- USB MIDI + firmware update
- Two 1/4″ expression control input (TRS,) assignable to several destinations including expression and looper level.
Disaster Area Designs DMC-8D MIDI Foot Controller Features
Ableton / DAW Version
- 20 banks with 6 commands each for launching clips, activating controls, etc. (15 banks in 8-button mode.)
- Separate All Access bank with 6 dedicated commands, available from any other bank (8 commands in 8-button mode.)
- Extender switch input configurable as a dedicated button (same for all modes,) bank down, or as buttons 8-button mode.
- Expression pedal inputs configurable to send MIDI CC 1-127.
- Operates on any MIDI channel 1-16.
- 30 preset banks with 4 presets each, for a total of 120 combined presets.
- Each preset can engage or bypass up to 4 MIDI devices on any available program.
- Strymon Timeline compatible looper control mode – record / overdub, play / stop, undo / redo, pre/post looper location, half speed, and reverse controls.
- Scrolling mode for changing presets on up to four MIDI devices. One additional MIDI device may also be controlled with its own MIDI channel such as a DPC-8EZ.
- Expression inputs send expression to up to five connected devices such as Timeline, Mobius, BigSky, Timefactor, H9, M5, etc.
- Dedicated looper level expression input (assignable to expression for any connected device)
- Dedicated tap tempo switch sends taps to all connected MIDI devices
- Tap tempo button allows latching “freeze” or “infinite” hold for BigSky
- Favorite Switch allows an editable “Favorite” preset for all five connected devices
- MIDI Note Send – each preset sends one MIDI note for triggering clips in Ableton Live, Mainstage, etc.
- Optional Expression Roller may be fitted to right or left side. This is tied internally to Expression A, and the roller is disabled if an expression pedal is plugged into Expression A.
- USB MIDI bridges to DIN MIDI, MIDI sent over USB from a connected host Mac or PC is transmitted to DIN-connected devices. Use this to send MIDI program changes when a new clip is launched.
- Bright blue 4-digit display
- 9VDC or USB powered, 64mA max
- 8-pin MIDI jack for phantom power over MIDI cable, compatible with AxeFx
- Custom firmware available for your specific application, please ask.
The includes a 1 Year return to base warranty. This warranty applies to all equipment which has developed a manufacturer defect during application. Please contact us to confirm the availability and lowest price for any product. For quotes and price matching requests, contact us and include the competing website address.
|Condition||Sealed / New|
|Free Shipping||Hong Kong|
|Delivered HKD Price||Shown at checkout|
Look no further than AudioBuy when buying gear online in Hong Kong , always at the lowest price with free shipping to all locations serviced by FEDEX. Please contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioBuy Hong Kong are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioBuy Hong Kong to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.
Online orders are confirmed in stock and ready to ship before payment is completed. orders ship FEDEX and will require signature upon delivery. Orders are typically delivered within 4-5 business days following dispatch. Fedex tracking details are provided for all orders.
Hong Kong is a free port and does not levy any duty on imports (or exports). There is also no sales tax or other import charges. The total delivered price for delivery to Hong Kong will be . Detailed information on import declaration procedures and import restrictions can be found at the Hong Kong Customs website.
- Buy products with confidence.
- Ships to most locations in Hong Kong including Kowloon , Tsuen Wan and Yuen Long.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact AudioBuy.hk Hong Kong for detailed information about our warranty terms and conditions.