The new MEQ-1NV is the incredibly versatile Great River channel strip comprised of discrete Class A circuitry. The EQ-1NV (four-band parametric, true inductor/capacitor, '70's British "1081/1083"-style) is routed via the patch loop jack on the ME-1NV (two-gain-stage, dual-meter, '70's British "1073"-style mic pre). In this configuration, the EQ is inserted between the mic preamp gain stages, providing a wide range of gain-based effects. With higher input gain / lower output gain, the EQ sections can be driven slightly harder for increased harmonics; with lower input gain / higher output gain, the EQ sounds very transparent. With its ultra-high headroom and ultra-low noise floor, the MEQ-1NV is an indispensable tool for modern recording.Great River MEQ-1NV At-a-Glance
- Modern Updates On Classic Designs
- Iron in the Signal Path
- Flexible I/O for Stage and Studio
The ME-1NV is a single channel mic preamp that is designed to take the classic sound of the all-time studio-standard 1073 preamp and bring it to a new level of modern sonic fiedelity. Does it meet its design goals? Absolutely, with accuracy, transparency and and vintage "tunable" sound! The circuitry allows for brilliant transformer saturation or the soft distortions of a single-ended amplifier. Extreme pushing of the unit will augment the sound of electric guitars, sound modules, and drums to add vitality, presence, and real punch.
The EQ-1NV (one channel equalizer) greatly modernizes the classic British "1081/1083"-type design. This "desktop" (and rackable) digitally controlled analog parametric EQ offers similar topology to vintage 1081/1083 models, but with welcome improvements. Newly designed Class-A discrete single-ended amplifiers and true inductor/capacitor (L/C) circuitry add greater clarity and dynamic range to the musicality of the vintage-era models. The EQ-1NV also has a unique discrete high-current Class-A balanced output stage.Iron in the Signal Path
The Great River ME-1NV features iron in the signal path for that big vintage sound. Its no-latency output monitoring provides a buffered sound feed to your DAW workstation. The ME-1NV's hi-Z input is ideal to shape the sound for bass, electric guitar, and sound modules. Dual metering provides visual monitoring of gain staging. The ultra-quiet noise floor delivers "stealth" performance for rich, textured vocal sounds. The Great River ME-1NV also has a full +70dB of input gain so you can take that prized ribbon mic out of the cabinet for a rich, creamy sound with all the detail and no muddiness.
Here's the bottom line. The Great River ME-1NV is a golden channel priced for the project studio and equally at home in a world class facility. This preamp has the ability to enhance the sound of high-end mics as well as being able to make inexpensive mics sound better. Just place your trusty SM57 in front of your guitar amp and run it through the ME-1NV, and you'll hear what we mean.Flexible I/O for Stage and Studio
To make life in the studio (and on the road) easier, the EQ-1NV has been specifically designed to integrate with the patch loop in Great River NV Series microphone preamplifiers (with a single TRS 1/4" cable), for complete flexibility in tracking and mixing. The front panel input selector / sensitivity switch offers the option of using the signal from the EQ-1NV's transformer-coupled line input (ranging from +8dbm to -20dbm), or the patched signal from the NV preamp. When connected via the patch loop, the four EQ sections are inserted between the microphone (or DI) input's first gain stage (with level control and metering) and the preamplifier's output gain stage and "big iron" transformer (also with level control and metering). This routing flexibility provides a broad range of sonic/harmonic possibilities and maintains a full Class-A signal path.Great River MEQ-1NV Features
- Multiple In/Out connections: XLR balanced
- 1/4" -10dbV output for 'no-latency' DAW monitoring
- hi-Z input on front panel (disconnects mic input)
- TRS 1/4" insert patch point for compressor or equalizer ahead of the output amplifier
- 'Big Iron Vintage Sound' from custom-wound transformers
- Adjustable gain stages: input in 5db steps to 60db; output from -25 to +10db
- Maximum overall gain 70db
- 2 to 3 stages of single ended solid state amplifier gain blocks, depending on gain structure
- High-current 70ma Class A bias on output stage
- Input and output meters on each channel (dual-stage metering is a Great River exclusive)
- Front panel switches: polarity; phantom power; input impedance (1200 / 300 ohm); output loading (600 ohm resistor across output transformer)
- High quality, custom wound Sowter transformers
- Gold plated switching contacts
- Local power supply regulation on each channel
- 110, 220 volts, either 50 or 60Hz operation with external selection
- 3 year warranty with registration
- Effortless sound shaping and frequency manipulation
- Multi-purpose: operates with NV Series preamps and as a standalone EQ
- One channel, discrete Class-A design
- Multiple In/Out connections: XLR balanced line in and out
- 1/4" -10dbV output for 'no-latency' DAW monitoring
- TRS 1/4" insert patch point for NV Series mic preamp (inserts EQ between NV preamp gain stages)
- Wide range of input sensitivity from +8dbm to -20dbm with selection between line in and insert patch point
- 4 bands independently enabled with +/-15db boost/cut
- Flexible band use; 1,2,3, or 4 bands can be used simultaneously
- Simple pushbutton selection between Q positions and peak/shelf
- Hi and low bands selectable between peaking and shelving
- Hi-mid and low-mid bands each have 3 selectable Q positions
- 3rd order selectable frequency highpass filter
- Hardwire bypass of equalizer section
- Internal low-noise shielded power supply (externally selectable for 110 / 220 volt; 50 / 60Hz)
- 3 year warranty with registration
Great River MEQ-1NV - A great front-end with "Iron in the Signal Path."
The includes a 1 Year return to base warranty. This warranty applies to all equipment which has developed a manufacturer defect during application. Please contact us to confirm the availability and lowest price for any product. For quotes and price matching requests, contact us and include the competing website address.
|Condition||Sealed / New|
|Free Shipping||Hong Kong|
|Delivered HKD Price||Shown at checkout|
Look no further than AudioBuy when buying gear online in Hong Kong , always at the lowest price with free shipping to all locations serviced by FEDEX. Please contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioBuy Hong Kong are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioBuy Hong Kong to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.
Online orders are confirmed in stock and ready to ship before payment is completed. orders ship FEDEX and will require signature upon delivery. Orders are typically delivered within 4-5 business days following dispatch. Fedex tracking details are provided for all orders.
Hong Kong is a free port and does not levy any duty on imports (or exports). There is also no sales tax or other import charges. The total delivered price for delivery to Hong Kong will be . Detailed information on import declaration procedures and import restrictions can be found at the Hong Kong Customs website.
- Buy products with confidence.
- Ships to most locations in Hong Kong including Kowloon , Tsuen Wan and Yuen Long.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Contact AudioBuy Hong Kong for detailed information about our warranty terms and conditions.
What is the process after I checkout?
Following checkout your order number will be generated and stock availability confirmed before a Paypal invoice is emailed to your registered email address. If your order is not in stock and cannot be shipped within 10 business days then your order will be cancelled. If your order is in stock or can be ordered from the manufacturer for FEDEX dispatch within 10 business days then we will email a Paypal invoice to complete payment.
Following checkout your Paypal invoice will be emailed to you within 24 hours if your entire is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer (Monday-Friday). You will receive a Paypal invoice (request for payment) from AudioBuy or from one of our shipping partners.
When do I pay?
You do not pay at checkout. If your order is in stock or readily available from the manufacturer then a Paypal payment request (invoice) will be emailed to you from AudioBuy or from one of our shipping partners. This is to ensure that we do not collect payment for orders which cannot be promptly dispatched and delivered.
Will my shipped order be delivered safely and securely?
All paid orders are shipped with FEDEX and are marked as "fragile" to ensure that your ordered items are securely and safely handled prior to final delivery. All orders are dispatched with protective casing and packaging to further protect your ordered item(s) during transit to your delivery address. All orders require signature upon delivery to ensure that your order is delivered to the correct recipient at the correct address , apartment number etc. If you are unavailable at the time of delivery your order will be held at the local FEDEX center and a calling card left at your delivery address to organise re-delivery or pickup.
How do I check for stock levels?
Email "email@example.com" to enquire about current stock levels for the . We aim to stock popular items at all times and are able to quickly order in products if they are currently not in stock. In the event of product backorder or product discontinuation your order will be cancelled and a payment request (Paypal) will not be processed.
What are our hours of operation?
Stock inventory and order related enquiries are monitored and responded to everyday excluding major public holidays (Monday-Sunday). Orders are physically shipped during standard FEDEX hours (Monday-Friday , excluding major public holidays). Paypal invoices for order processing are issued Monday-Friday excluding major public holidays.
When will my order be delivered?
Following Paypal payment your order will be FEDEX dispatched within 1-2 business days if your order is in stock. If your order is only in stock with the manufacturer then we will require up to 10 business days to FEDEX dispatch your order. After your order has been shipped we will email your FEDEX tracking number to the email address you provided during checkout / account sign-up. The average FEDEX transit time is 3-5 business days to most international locations.
Can you price match with another retailer?
Yes. Contact "firstname.lastname@example.org" with the product name and the competing website's URL. Our total price including FEDEX delivery is currently . When comparing prices with other retailers be aware that their prices may not include international or domestic FEDEX shipping costs.