The ALTER 500 is a FET compressor built is the 500 standard. The FET-type solution was used for the first its application in the legendary UREI 1176 compressor from the 70s.
The ALTER is a single-channel unit with stepped input and output controls. The Ratio switch has six positions, including two additional to the original 1176 1:1 and 2:1 settings. Slam Mode can be turned on with a separate switch, working regardless of the Ratio settings. Attack and release times can be set to Fast / Mid / Slow with 3-pole switches. The compressor is equipped with a relay bypass, achieved on the front panel. The input is balanced with a modern, low-noise op amp and the output with a Carnhill transformer. The circuit has two amp stages, between which is the output control. The stage amps are based on the discreet API2520 circuit. The level of gain reduction is shown by a 20 point led bar.
IGS Audio Alter 500 Features
- Input - Input level and compression depth
- Output - Output Level
- Attack - Variable Attack - 3 ranges: 0.02, 0.2 and 0.8 ms.
- Release – Amp recovery time to the value of 0.85 max. Range: 50ms, 600ms, 1.1 sec.
- Ratio - compression ratio over the threshold response.
- Ratio ranges: from 1:1 (line amp), through 4:1 (compressor) to 20:1 (limiter)
- SLAM - allows the enabling of All-Buttons-On - the "secret weapon" of any studio engineers ;)
- COMP IN / OUT - Enable Bypass relay device
- GR - very fast LED indicator showing the compression level in the range from 0 to 20dB.
IGS Audio Alter 500 Specifications
- API 500 standard Module,
- Input impedance: 1kOhm,
- Output impedance: 600Ω on Carnhill - Maximum input level: +20 dBu,
- Maximum Output Level: +22 dBm,
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.012%,
- Frequency response: +/- 0.1 dB 20Hz to 20kHz,
- Gain: 36dB
- The signal to noise ratio: greater than 99 dB - Attack: 0.02, 0.2 to 0.8 ms,
- Release: 50ms, 600ms, 1.1 s,
- Power supply: + / - 16V,
- Dimensions: 132x37x158mm,
- Weight: 700g.
The includes a 1 Year return to base warranty. This warranty applies to all equipment which has developed a manufacturer defect during application. Please contact us to confirm the availability and lowest price for any product. For quotes and price matching requests, contact us and include the competing website address.
|Condition||Sealed / New|
|Free Shipping||Hong Kong|
|Delivered HKD Price||Shown at checkout|
Look no further than AudioBuy when buying gear online in Hong Kong , always at the lowest price with free shipping to all locations serviced by FEDEX. Please contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioBuy Hong Kong are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioBuy Hong Kong to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.
All payments are processed securely by Paypal , offering both buyer and seller protection. Online orders are confirmed in stock and ready to ship before Paypal payment is completed. orders ship FEDEX and will require signature upon delivery. Orders are typically delivered within 4-5 business days following dispatch. Fedex tracking details are provided for all orders.
Hong Kong is a free port and does not levy any duty on imports (or exports). There is also no sales tax or other import charges. The total delivered price for delivery to Hong Kong will be . Detailed information on import declaration procedures and import restrictions can be found at the Hong Kong Customs website.
- Buy products with confidence.
- Ships to most locations in Hong Kong including Kowloon , Tsuen Wan and Yuen Long.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact AudioBuy.hk Hong Kong for detailed information about our warranty terms and conditions.