The PHOTON 500 is an optical compressor, based on technology from the 60's, first used in the UREI LA-2A limiter and later in the LA4. As an homage to these legendary products, we packed this technology in a 500-series module.
The PHOTON 500 uses an opto-coupler, which introduces negative feedback in the audio path, taking care of gain reduction, being the basics of all compression.
The PHOTON 500 has an electronically balanced input with 2520 compatible op-amp in the gain stage. The output is balanced by a Carnhill transformer.
IGS Audio Photon 500 Features
- Peak Reduction: controls the gain of the side-chain circuit,
- Hard wire Bypass,
- Ratio: 2:1, 4:1, 12:1,
- Sidechain Hi-Pass filter: Flat, 60, 120Hz,
- London/New York: Advanced compression curve modeling, like SLAM.
- Output: 12-pole stepped makeup gain.
IGS Audio Photon 500 Specifications
- 500-series module,
- Input impedance: 10kOhm,
- Max input level: +24 dBu,
- Output impedance: 600Ω by Carnhill,
- Maximum Output Level: +32 dBu,
- Total Harmonic Distortion: max 0.5%,
- Frequency response: +/- 0.2 dB 8Hz to 20kHz,
- Gain: 30dB,
- HPF: Off, 60Hz, 120Hz,
- Signal to noise ratio: more than 99 dB,
- Power supply: +/- 16V,
- Power consumption: 110mA,
- Dimensions: 133x37x180mm,
- Weight: 700g
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days. You will not receive a Paypal invoice to complete payment if your order is on backorder or unavailable with the manufacturer for shipment.
The includes a 1 Year return to base warranty. This warranty applies to all equipment which has developed a manufacturer defect during application. Please contact us to confirm the availability and lowest price for any product. For quotes and price matching requests, contact us and include the competing website address.
|Condition||Sealed / New|
|Free Shipping||Hong Kong|
Contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioBuy Hong Kong are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioBuy to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.
Online orders are confirmed in stock and ready to ship before payment is completed. orders ship FEDEX and will require signature upon delivery. Orders are typically delivered within 4-5 business days following dispatch. Fedex tracking details are provided for all orders.
Hong Kong is a free port and does not levy any duty on imports (or exports). There is also no sales tax or other import charges. The total delivered price for delivery to Hong Kong will be . Detailed information on import declaration procedures and import restrictions can be found at the Hong Kong Customs website.
- Buy products with confidence.
- Ships to most locations in Hong Kong including Kowloon , Tsuen Wan and Yuen Long.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Contact AudioBuy Hong Kong for detailed information about our warranty terms and conditions.