The Matthews Effects Astronomer V2 is a unique three-knob reverb pedal that harnesses the power of the celestial bodies. Chart your course with two sets of identical controls allowing you to jump between the top and bottom row of knobs effortlessly. Always visible and editable on the fly, this works as a preset without any programming or menu diving. You can set each row to be a completely different sound. For example, set a deep shimmer on one, a light reverb on the other or create any combination of two distinct sounds and alternate between them instantly. For each set of controls, there is a slide switch on the side of the pedal that lets you select one of three reverb effect constellations: Canis Major, Orion and Ursa Major. Discover an entire universe of unique reverb effects using the Astronomer V2 pedal.
The Astronomer V2 has two sets of slide switches on the left side of the pedal that let you choose one of these three algorithms for each row of controls.
- Canis Major: This constellation is an EchoVerb effect designed with droning and swells in mind. The "Glow" knob controls the mix of the shimmer while the "Travel" knob adjusts the decay time of the reverb. Canis Major excels at pads and layering.
- Orion: This is the quintessential hall reverb effect. Select the amount of celestial shimmer using the "Glow" control. Turned down "Glow" delivers a classic hall reverb or dime it out for a unique sound that's straight from the heavens.
- Ursa Major: Ursa Major is a chamber reverb effect. Dial in a pre-reverb octave using the "Glow" control. Turn "Glow" all the way down for a haunting dark reverb that's great for lead lines. Slowly turn it up to add particles and emulate the sound of the cosmos.
- Mass: Adjust the Wet/Dry mix using the "Mass" control. All the way up is a 100% wet signal.
- Glow: Adjusts the mix of the shimmer on the Orion and Canis Major effect. Adjusts the octave mix on the Ursa Major effect.
- Travel: Adjusts the decay time of all three reverb algorithms.
Rick Matthews obsesses over every last detail in creating the highest quality and intuitive pedals available. This commitment to excellence is on full display with The Astronomer V2. From its rugged build, wide range of available sounds, bypass options and alternate settings, The Astronomer V2 is a dynamic pedal that is built for the stars.
- Alt Switch (secondary foot switch): What sets the Astronomer V2 apart from other pedals is the Alt controls. The three knobs on the "Top" row of the pedal are duplicated on the "Bottom" row giving you two different settings/sounds which you can jump between. You can independently select the algorithms for each row using the slide switches on the side of the pedal. This creates a simple and straightforward way to get two dynamic sounds on the fly.
- Alternate Jack Out: This input allows you to control the Alt and bypass switch remotely using a TRS cable. Tip controls the Alternate Switch and ring controls the Bypass Switch.
- Analog Dry Path Signal: Your instrument's dry signal path is kept completely analog while mixing in the digital wet signal creating a unique and unparalleled reverb sound.
- Expression Jack: Plug in an expression pedal to dynamically control the "Travel" knob on the 2nd row of controls. This bypasses the physical knob on the 2nd row when the expression pedal is plugged in. TRS cable required.
- Tails or Bypass Mode: The Astronomer V2 allows the beautiful haunting layers to continue as you switch the pedal off, preventing an abrupt cut to your sound. If you desire that hard-cut when bypassing the pedal, simply hold both foot switches for 10 seconds until the bypass led flashes. Do the same to switch it back.
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days. You will not receive a Paypal invoice to complete payment if your order is on backorder or unavailable with the manufacturer for shipment.
The includes a 1 Year return to base warranty. This warranty applies to all equipment which has developed a manufacturer defect during application. Please contact us to confirm the availability and lowest price for any product. For quotes and price matching requests, contact us and include the competing website address.
|Condition||Sealed / New|
|Free Shipping||Hong Kong|
Contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioBuy Hong Kong are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioBuy to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.
Online orders are confirmed in stock and ready to ship before payment is completed. orders ship FEDEX and will require signature upon delivery. Orders are typically delivered within 4-5 business days following dispatch. Fedex tracking details are provided for all orders.
Hong Kong is a free port and does not levy any duty on imports (or exports). There is also no sales tax or other import charges. The total delivered price for delivery to Hong Kong will be . Detailed information on import declaration procedures and import restrictions can be found at the Hong Kong Customs website.
- Buy products with confidence.
- Ships to most locations in Hong Kong including Kowloon , Tsuen Wan and Yuen Long.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Contact AudioBuy Hong Kong for detailed information about our warranty terms and conditions.