The Pendulum OCL-2 is a two channel electro-optical compressor/limiter designed for the utmost in transparency, detail and versatility. Our short signal path design uses a custom optical input attenuation network in front of an all tube class A gain stage. Since the signal path is entirely transformerless, we've eliminated the coloration inherent in traditional transformer-coupled tube designs. The result is an open, detailed sound with an expanded sound stage and clarity that can only be achieved with modern tube circuitry.
Smooth Dynamics Processing Without Coloration
- Fast electro-optical input attenuator with an all tube signal path
- Soft-knee design with fully adjustable compression ratio
- Transformerless high voltage class A signal path
- Low noise, wide bandwidth and superior transient response
- Custom optical cells matched for precise stereo balance
- Three sidechain operating modes: Fast, Presets and Manual
- Two completely independent channels with stereo linking
- Hard bypass switches for each channel
- Sidechain inserts for frequency-dependent compression and de-essing
- Transformerless output stage capable of delivering +35dBu
- Soft-start warm-up with output muting
- Gold-plated switch contacts, I/O connectors and tube sockets
- Fully regulated high voltage (300V), filament and bipolar power supplies
- Custom toroidal power transformer with shield for minimum hum
- Polypropylene capacitors and metal film resistors
- Single-sided audio pc boards to minimize capacitive interaction
The OCL-2's soft-knee design offers smooth, effortless dynamic control with the ratio adjustable from light compression to limiting. Our unique sidechain circuit linearizes the optical gain element to reduce distortion, and achieves much faster attack and release times than encountered with conventional optical compressors. And stereo linking is accomplished with the flip of a switch .
In the FAST mode, the optical cell operates with very fast attack and release times, which are peak-averaged by the rapid operation of the cell. This mode is remarkably free of pumping artifacts even at high compression levels. It's the ideal choice for 'invisible' dynamics processing, either for tracking or tight program compression.
- The PRESET mode consists of six classic attack/release time settings that are optimized for program compression, including two settings with program-dependent release times.
- The MANUAL mode offers total control over the attack and release times, which is particularly useful for creative compression effects or for processing bass guitar.
- Most important, the hard bypass switches on the front panel conveniently allow a quick determination of exactly what the OCL-2 is, or in most cases, isn't doing to your signal.
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days. You will not receive a Paypal invoice to complete payment if your order is on backorder or unavailable with the manufacturer for shipment.
The includes a 1 Year return to base warranty. This warranty applies to all equipment which has developed a manufacturer defect during application. Please contact us to confirm the availability and lowest price for any product. For quotes and price matching requests, contact us and include the competing website address.
|Condition||Sealed / New|
|Free Shipping||Hong Kong|
Contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioBuy Hong Kong are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioBuy to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.
Online orders are confirmed in stock and ready to ship before payment is completed. orders ship FEDEX and will require signature upon delivery. Orders are typically delivered within 4-5 business days following dispatch. Fedex tracking details are provided for all orders.
Hong Kong is a free port and does not levy any duty on imports (or exports). There is also no sales tax or other import charges. The total delivered price for delivery to Hong Kong will be . Detailed information on import declaration procedures and import restrictions can be found at the Hong Kong Customs website.
- Buy products with confidence.
- Ships to most locations in Hong Kong including Kowloon , Tsuen Wan and Yuen Long.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Contact AudioBuy Hong Kong for detailed information about our warranty terms and conditions.