The Pendulum Quartet II Tube Recording Channel Includes...
- An enhanced version of the Mic/DI Tube Preamp from the MDP-1 with switchable mic input transformers and input loading.
- The delta-mu Tube Compressor/Limiter from the ES-8 with additional sidechain modes.
- A new inductor-based Passive Tube EQ with HI Peak, MID Dip and LO Boost/Cut bands and
- a harmonic-rich 'Aggressive' Mode.
- A new brickwall analog peak limiter with JFET or MOSFET modes.
- The Mic/DI, EQ, Compressor and Peak Limiter can be patched out and used independently.
- Transformerless or transformer-balanced main output
- Gold-plated switch contacts, I/O connectors and tube sockets
- Polypropylene caps and metal film resistors (pairs matched to 0.1%)
- Fully regulated high voltage, filament and bipolar power supplies with soft-start warm-up and output muting
- Custom toroidal power transformer with shield for minimum hum
- 120V or 240V ac voltage switch on the rear panel.
The Quartet II is not an update nor a replacement for our very popular Quartet, but complementary unit that incorporates a substantially different combination of elements. Designed with the input of Fletcher of Mercenary Audio, many additional options have been provided to tailor the texture of the audio character for maximum musical flexibility.
The tube Mic/DI preamp has the unique option of being able to switch between two markedly different sounding input transformers and loading options. The DI can handle pickups, keyboards, or line-level signals. The mic preamp also features phantom power, input pad, phase reversal, and a switchable lo-cut filter. Independent gain and output controls permit overdrive of the tube stage to vary the harmonic content of the preamp.
The delta-mu compressor, derived from the popular ES-8, has the classic compression profile of the Fairchild 660 and 670 limiters. It can be used in one of five modes: Fast, Faster, Vintage (with program-dependent response), Average (rms responding), or full manual operation. It also features a switchable sidechain high pass filter to decrease the sensitivity of the compressor to low frequency content.
The new 3 band tube Passive/Aggressive Equalizer is a modern take on the classic inductor-based passive EQ. It features simultaneous Lo Shelf boost and cut, Mid Dip and Hi Peak bands. The Aggressive mode increases the saturation of the EQ circuit to add harmonic content. In addition, the EQ can be placed before or after the compressor with the flip of a switch.
The new JFET/MOSFET Peak Limiter uses a novel approach to brickwall analog limiting, with JFET and MOSFET modes for two different characters of peak limiting, and accurate led metering in 1 dB increments. Unlike other designs, the peak limiter adds no appreciable distortion below threshold.
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days. You will not receive a Paypal invoice to complete payment if your order is on backorder or unavailable with the manufacturer for shipment.
The includes a 1 Year return to base warranty. This warranty applies to all equipment which has developed a manufacturer defect during application. Please contact us to confirm the availability and lowest price for any product. For quotes and price matching requests, contact us and include the competing website address.
|Condition||Sealed / New|
|Free Shipping||Hong Kong|
Contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioBuy Hong Kong are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioBuy to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.
Online orders are confirmed in stock and ready to ship before payment is completed. orders ship FEDEX and will require signature upon delivery. Orders are typically delivered within 4-5 business days following dispatch. Fedex tracking details are provided for all orders.
Hong Kong is a free port and does not levy any duty on imports (or exports). There is also no sales tax or other import charges. The total delivered price for delivery to Hong Kong will be . Detailed information on import declaration procedures and import restrictions can be found at the Hong Kong Customs website.
- Buy products with confidence.
- Ships to most locations in Hong Kong including Kowloon , Tsuen Wan and Yuen Long.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Contact AudioBuy Hong Kong for detailed information about our warranty terms and conditions.