The Purple Audio MC77 supercedes the MC76 re-engineered 1176 type FET Limiter. The MC77 recreates the audio circuitry of the revision E 1176, using modern components matched to the original.
One significant component is the input attenuator. The input attenuator that was custom made for the original revisions A-F 1176 and for the Purple MC76 by Clarostat was discontinued in 2002. It was a J series T-pad attenuator with two 600Ω "build out" resistors to keep a constant 600Ω load on the source and primary of the input transformer. Clarostat changed carbon manufacturers and the new carbon manufacturer was unwilling or unable to make the part. Purple temporarily stopped making the MC76 to find a solution. We tried several three deck Clarostat 70 series pots in different configurations to achieve the same loading and to match the taper. We found a solution that matched the original; both the originals and replacement parts are drawn in the schematic that you can download below. At the same time, we looked at feedback gathered from the hundreds of satisfied MC76 users. Based on that feedback, we incorporated useful new features into the revised unit, which was designated the MC77.
NEW features in the MC77
- True Bypass via sealed relay with front panel switch
- Improved stereo linking with front panel switch
- Sidechain insert loop or key input with front panel switch
- Buffered VU meter can monitor input or output level at +4dBu
- LED meter lights that don't burn out as incandescents do
- Heavy gauge black stainless steel enclosure
- 115v/230v operation switchable from rear panel (serial# 600)
Features inherited from the MC76
- Discrete Transistor Audio Path Electronics
- Single Element Class A Output Amplifier
- Transformer Balanced XLR Inputs and Outputs
- Zener Shunt Regulated Audio Power Supply
- Compression Ratios - 4:1, 8:1, 12:1 and 20:1
- Fast Attack Time - 20 microseconds to 800 microseconds
- Release Time - 50 milliseconds to 1.1 second
- Gain of 45dB (full gain with no limiting)
- Ruggedized Design - PCB stiffener, chassis mount transformers
- Purple Anodized Aluminum Front Panel
The includes a 1 Year return to base warranty. This warranty applies to all equipment which has developed a manufacturer defect during application. Please contact us to confirm the availability and lowest price for any product. For quotes and price matching requests, contact us and include the competing website address.
|Condition||Sealed / New|
|Free Shipping||Hong Kong|
|Delivered HKD Price||Shown at checkout|
Look no further than AudioBuy when buying gear online in Hong Kong , always at the lowest price with free shipping to all locations serviced by FEDEX. Please contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioBuy Hong Kong are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioBuy Hong Kong to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.
All payments are processed securely by Paypal , offering both buyer and seller protection. Online orders are confirmed in stock and ready to ship before Paypal payment is completed. orders ship FEDEX and will require signature upon delivery. Orders are typically delivered within 4-5 business days following dispatch. Fedex tracking details are provided for all orders.
Hong Kong is a free port and does not levy any duty on imports (or exports). There is also no sales tax or other import charges. The total delivered price for delivery to Hong Kong will be . Detailed information on import declaration procedures and import restrictions can be found at the Hong Kong Customs website.
- Buy products with confidence.
- Ships to most locations in Hong Kong including Kowloon , Tsuen Wan and Yuen Long.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact AudioBuy.hk Hong Kong for detailed information about our warranty terms and conditions.
There are zero import tax/duty charges into Hong Kong