The FAMULUS is a distortion/overdrive pedal with two totally separate, parallel circuits inside. Each circuit has it’s own distinct voicing. You are able to blend between the two for any conceivable combination.
Red Witch Famulus Distortion Pedal Controls
- Volume: Controls the overall output of the device – the output of both circuits are controlled in parallel by this control.
- Tone: This is more like a presence control than a tone ( don’t ask why we didn’t call it presence) – and like the volume dial both circuits run through it – a parallel tone control (Presence control “ Be quiet man…… you told them it was a tone control”) It works backwards, by the way.
- Gain A: This sets the distortion/OD level of the first circuit – it’s a really biting, crunchy sound with masses of dynamic scope – set it really low and the guitar sounds almost clean, wind it fully clockwise and you’re suddenly moved to uncontrollable head banging, power chording, 8th note chugging, metal. Yussssssssssss.
- Gain B: This sets the distortion /OD level of the second circuit. This one is bitey too but it has a mid range punch and spank. Like it’s brother, Gain B can clean up and then get down and dirty when turned clockwise.
- Alchemy: This is where things get rather interesting. The alchemy control enables you to blend between to the two separate circuits – Fully anticlockwise gives you only Gain A, fully clockwise gives you only Gain B. Set it anywhere in between and you are now creating your own unique combination. Now try this (You can’t see it, but I’m actually shaking with anticipation ….) set Gain A to a really clean setting – around 7 o’clock, then set Gain B to a dirtier setting, round 12 o’clcock, now set the Alchemy control fully counter clockwise. Now play – you’ll just hear the clean sound of Gain A. Now gradually wind the Alchemy control around clockwise – to say 9 o’clock – LISTEN! Clean and dirty! Dial up any variation of the two channels and their respective gain levels an almost limitless palate with which to create your own unique sound!
Red Witch Famulus Distortion Pedal Power
The Famulus can be powered from either a nine volt battery or an external nine volt dc adapter (the Boss PSA style is ideal though anything with 2.1mm barrel plug with a negative centre pin is fine.
The Famulus comes finished in vintage pearl with midnight black text.The LED is a brilliant ruby red. All components are top notch; Switchcraft jacks, alpha pots, through hole double sided circuit boards with groundplane shielding etc etc. What more could you want?
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days. You will not receive a Paypal invoice to complete payment if your order is on backorder or unavailable with the manufacturer for shipment.
The includes a 1 Year return to base warranty. This warranty applies to all equipment which has developed a manufacturer defect during application. Please contact us to confirm the availability and lowest price for any product. For quotes and price matching requests, contact us and include the competing website address.
|Condition||Sealed / New|
|Free Shipping||Hong Kong|
Contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioBuy Hong Kong are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioBuy to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.
Online orders are confirmed in stock and ready to ship before payment is completed. orders ship FEDEX and will require signature upon delivery. Orders are typically delivered within 4-5 business days following dispatch. Fedex tracking details are provided for all orders.
Hong Kong is a free port and does not levy any duty on imports (or exports). There is also no sales tax or other import charges. The total delivered price for delivery to Hong Kong will be . Detailed information on import declaration procedures and import restrictions can be found at the Hong Kong Customs website.
- Buy products with confidence.
- Ships to most locations in Hong Kong including Kowloon , Tsuen Wan and Yuen Long.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Contact AudioBuy Hong Kong for detailed information about our warranty terms and conditions.