The R-122V was the first commercially produced vacuum tube ribbon microphone available. Performance-wise, the R-122V falls in line with the R-121 and R-122. The tube offers 15dB more gain than the R-121 and 10dB more than the R-122, but the sound is pure Royer - familiar and natural. The increased output lets you be more flexible with which preamp you choose, as a high-gain preamp is no longer necessary to get sufficient signal. Long cable runs are no problem, thanks to the R-122V's power supply.
Royer Labs R-122V Tube Ribbon Microphone
- Same large-ribbon transducer as R-121 and R-122, but hotter
- Exceptionally high SPL handling capacity
- Military-grade 5840W tube
- Low mass aluminum ribbon
Same large-ribbon transducer as R-121 and R-122, but hotter
A limited production vacuum tube studio ribbon microphone, the R-122V utilizes the same large-ribbon transducer assembly that is found in the R-121 and R-122 Active Ribbon microphones - providing a familiarity of sonic performance associated with the R-Series microphones. The R-122V exhibits a flat frequency response and a well-balanced sound field, and provides an output of -36dB, which is approximately 15dB hotter than an R-121. Like its predecessors, the R-122V's ability to withstand high SPL levels makes it well suited for applications that were previously considered off limits to ribbon microphones.
Exceptionally high SPL handling capacity
The R-122V's offset-ribbon design positions the ribbon element toward the front of the microphone body. This design enables high SPL handling on the front (logo) side of the instrument, with the option of a slightly brighter response when recording via the microphone's back side (3 feet and closer; phase reversed in this position).
Military-grade 5840W tube
The R-122V's active electronics utilize a NOS (new old stock) U.S. built military 5840W vacuum tube and Royer's proprietary toroidal ribbon matching transformer (patent pending). A Jensen 8:1 ratio output transformer provides an electrically isolated, fully-balanced output signal. The R-122V can drive virtually any preamplifier and long cable runs (from power supply to preamp) with ease. The active circuitry provides optimum impedance to the ribbon element at all times, preventing over-damping of the ribbon element and assuring consistent microphone performance. The R-122V receives an extensive burning in procedure to assure proper settling of the vacuum tube.
Low mass aluminum ribbon
The R-122V employs a pure (99.99%), low mass, 2.5-micron thick aluminum ribbon. The R122V's unique, patented offset-ribbon transducer assembly incorporates rare earth Neodymium magnets in a specially designed flux frame, which forms a powerful magnetic field while reducing unwanted stray magnetic radiation. The smooth frequency response and phase linearity of the R-122V, coupled with its classic triode-connected vacuum tube circuitry, enable the R-122V to deliver a consistent acoustic performance with stunning realism according to the company. Frequency response is excellent, regardless of the angle of sound striking the ribbon, and off-axis coloration is negligible.
With a nickel finish, black transducer, and venting slots that glow lightly when the mic is powered up, the new Royer Labs R-122V is a visually striking microphone. This microphone comes with a dedicated power supply and the included cable set is equipped with military grade locking type XLR connectors.
Royer Labs R-122V Tube Ribbon Microphone Features
- Takes the Royer pioneered concept of active ribbon microphone technology to another level
- Incorporates vacuum tube electronics into the proven transducer system used in the venerable R-121 and R-122 active series microphones
- High operating voltage of the tube provides a headroom capability far beyond that capable from a standard phantom supply
- A panoramic sound field that is unmatched for its clarity, detail and airiness
- Triode-configured cathode follower circuitry enables the microphone to drive long cable runs without sonic degradation or high frequency loss
- Dedicated power supply provides ample current to the vacuum tube electronics
- Induced noise is virtually eliminated by microphone's fully balanced output that is electrically isolated with a special purpose Jensen output transformer
- The head amplifier consists of a low-noise, triode-connected military grade 5840W vacuum tube
- Ultra-fast transient response devoid of typical vacuum tube coloration
- Circuity is conservatively rated to perform flawlessly for many years
The Royer Labs R-122V offers the best of ribbon and vacuum tube technology!
Royer R-122V Ribbon Microphone Tech Specs
- Microphone Type Ribbon
- Polar Pattern Figure-8
- Ribbon Type 2.5-micron Aluminum
- Frequency Response 30Hz-15kHz
- Max SPL 135dB
- Output Impedance 200 ohms
- Self Noise 18dB
- Connector XLR
- Weight 0.66 lbs.
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days. You will not receive a Paypal invoice to complete payment if your order is on backorder or unavailable with the manufacturer for shipment.
The includes a 1 Year return to base warranty. This warranty applies to all equipment which has developed a manufacturer defect during application. Please contact us to confirm the availability and lowest price for any product. For quotes and price matching requests, contact us and include the competing website address.
|Condition||Sealed / New|
|Free Shipping||Hong Kong|
Contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioBuy Hong Kong are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioBuy to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.
Online orders are confirmed in stock and ready to ship before payment is completed. orders ship FEDEX and will require signature upon delivery. Orders are typically delivered within 4-5 business days following dispatch. Fedex tracking details are provided for all orders.
Hong Kong is a free port and does not levy any duty on imports (or exports). There is also no sales tax or other import charges. The total delivered price for delivery to Hong Kong will be . Detailed information on import declaration procedures and import restrictions can be found at the Hong Kong Customs website.
- Buy products with confidence.
- Ships to most locations in Hong Kong including Kowloon , Tsuen Wan and Yuen Long.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Contact AudioBuy Hong Kong for detailed information about our warranty terms and conditions.