There are a number of reasons why the Sonnox Oxford EQ plug-in has become the EQ of choice for the quality-conscious audio professional, and many of us at AudioBuy.com.au Australia as well. First of all, the Oxford EQ was created by the same team that designed the Sonnox Oxford OXF-R3 console. The Oxford OXF-R3 is considered to be one of the best sounding consoles ever made, which comes as no surprise considering that the designers were the original design team that produced the SSL E series consoles. This team of audio fanatics, whose underlying design philosophy is sound quality first, used the exact algorithms they created for the OXF-R3 console in the Oxford EQ plug-in.Sonnox Oxford EQ Native at a Glance
- On-the-fly calculations for analog response
- Four types of EQ
- Sonnox Oxford EQ types
- De-Cramping is Oxford EQ's prime feature
The concept behind Sonnox's Oxford EQ plug-in is to provide an EQ that does what an analog EQ does and then add in the extra features that only digital technology can provide. Most EQ plug-ins are based on a lookup table. That means when you sweep through the frequencies and gain control, you are actually sweeping through presets. Your settings are determined by the software designer's choices, not yours or the requirements of the music. The Sonnox Oxford EQ does its calculations on the fly using 48-bit double precision calculation. The result is that you get the frequencies you select, not the software designer.Four types of EQ
The Sonnox Oxford EQ also features four different selectable EQ types that cover the EQ styles that are currently popular amongst professional users, including some legacy styles which are renowned for their artistic capability. It is a fully functional 5-band application with selectable shelf settings on LF and HF sections. Additionally, separate variable slope lowpass and highpass filters are provided.Sonnox Oxford EQ types
- Reciprocal/Symmetrical Q is a linear EQ derived from the SSL E series consoles.
- Oxford Specialty super-narrow Q is for surgical correction of frequencies.
- British EQ is a buzzword of EQs that means the Q reacts along with the boost control for a more musical EQ. As you boost, the Q is tightening, which is what the human ear expects.
- Oxford Specialty Constant Power EQ is most useful for mastering. It features a super-wide Q and provides subtle change over a wide spectrum.
In most EQ plug-ins, if you select a frequency and boost, the graphic display shows an even curve upwards and downwards around the center frequency. Due to the calculations necessary at 1/2 the Nyquist theorem for the downward slope, hi-frequency cramping occurs so that most of the energy is in the upward slope or lower frequencies. This means that while your GUI shows a boost at 14k, you're actually boosting at about 8k due to the cramping in the downward slope. The Sonnox Oxford EQ reshapes the down side of the slope as the inverse of the upward slope so that the high-frequency energy is equal on both sides of the center frequency.
The use of novel coefficient generation and intelligent processing design provides unparalleled performance that surpasses analog EQ in both sound quality and artistic freedom. This plug-in may well provide all the EQ you will ever need.Sonnox Oxford EQ Native Features
- 5-band parametric design
- Selectable shelf settings on LF and HF sections
- LF and HF filters providing up to 36dB/Octave slope
- 4 selectable EQ types
- Fully de-cramped HF response
- Support for sample rates up to and including 96kHz
- Fully automatable (including separate automation for A and B settings)
- Includes 6 plugins in total for optimal DSP usage
- Mono and stereo versions of EQ, filters, and EQ and filters
- Mac/PC, AAX Native, RTAS, VST or AU
The classic sound of the OXF-R3 in a plug-in with the Sonnox Oxford EQ!
The includes a 1 Year return to base warranty. This warranty applies to all equipment which has developed a manufacturer defect during application. Please contact us to confirm the availability and lowest price for any product. For quotes and price matching requests, contact us and include the competing website address.
|Condition||Sealed / New|
|Free Shipping||Hong Kong|
|Delivered HKD Price||Shown at checkout|
Look no further than AudioBuy when buying gear online in Hong Kong , always at the lowest price with free shipping to all locations serviced by FEDEX. Please contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioBuy Hong Kong are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioBuy Hong Kong to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.
Online orders are confirmed in stock and ready to ship before payment is completed. orders ship FEDEX and will require signature upon delivery. Orders are typically delivered within 4-5 business days following dispatch. Fedex tracking details are provided for all orders.
Hong Kong is a free port and does not levy any duty on imports (or exports). There is also no sales tax or other import charges. The total delivered price for delivery to Hong Kong will be . Detailed information on import declaration procedures and import restrictions can be found at the Hong Kong Customs website.
- Buy products with confidence.
- Ships to most locations in Hong Kong including Kowloon , Tsuen Wan and Yuen Long.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact AudioBuy.hk Hong Kong for detailed information about our warranty terms and conditions.