Hit the field with the Sound Devices 552. This high-performance portable audio mixer and recorder is perfect for both basic and complex production setups. There are five microphone preamplifiers onboard, each with its own limiter, highpass filter, and direct output. From there, the three sets of balanced master outputs give you a wide range of connectivity flexibility. If you need to capture audio directly, there's a built-in SD recorder that can record industry-standard WAV files or basic MP3s. For total field freedom, the 552 can be powered by four AA batteries.Sound Devices 552 Portable Production Mixer and SD Recorder at Glance
- Five preamplifiers with individual limiter and highpass filter
- Records to SD and SDHC media
- Three sets of balanced master outputs
- Designed to withstand extreme weather and climate
The 552 features five transformer-balanced microphone inputs with significant gain and headroom. Each input accepts sources of various types and levels, and each has its own limiter, sweepable highpass filter, and pre- or post-fade direct output.Records to SD and SDHC media
The 552 has an integrated two-track, digital audio recorder that writes industry-standard Broadcast Wave files to SD and SDHC media. A simple joystick controller is used to take command of recording functions. Just push up to begin recording either WAV or MP3 files. Files can be either 24 or 16 bit, with WAV files having sampling rates from 44.1kHz up to 96kHz.Three sets of balanced master outputs
With its three sets of balanced master outputs (plus a number of unbalanced connections), the 552 provides complete connectivity for multi-camera and complex production setups. What's more, a digital output option is available for the XLR master outputs. When selected in the Setup Menu, the master XLR outputs can output four channels of 24-bit (or 16-bit) AES/EBU signals, the source of which is selected in the Setup Menu.Designed to withstand extreme weather and climate
The 552, like all Sound Devices professional audio products, are designed to withstand the physical and environmental extremes of field production. The 552 uses molded, metalized carbon fiber top and bottom chassis panels for increased durability and weight reduction. Additionally, its front panel is gasketed for improved resistance to moisture.Sound Devices 552 Portable Production Mixer and SD Recorder Features
- 5 high-performance microphone inputs with 2-stage gain control, limiter, variable highpass, and solo monitoring
- Pre- or post-fader direct outputs per input
- Multiple, balanced output connections, including XLR, Hirose 10-pin, and TA3
- AES/EBU output option, 2 connections for 4 channels of digital output, sampling rates up to 96kHz
- Integrated digital recorder with simple control records to SD or SDHC media
- Records 2 tracks of uncompressed Broadcast WAV up to 96kHz sampling, or compressed MP3 files
- Accepts time code input to time-stamp recorded audio files
- Flexible metering modes, including zoom metering for high precision near 0 dBfs
- Voice-confirmation appear in headphones for critical operational information and when navigating Setup Menu
- Lightweight design uses metalized, molded carbon fiber top and bottom panels for durability and strength
- Front panel is gasketed for protection from weather
- Powered by 4 AA batteries or external 10-18 VDC
Hit the field with the flexible 5-channel Sound Devices 552 mixer and SD recorder!
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days. You will not receive a Paypal invoice to complete payment if your order is on backorder or unavailable with the manufacturer for shipment.
The includes a 1 Year return to base warranty. This warranty applies to all equipment which has developed a manufacturer defect during application. Please contact us to confirm the availability and lowest price for any product. For quotes and price matching requests, contact us and include the competing website address.
|Condition||Sealed / New|
|Free Shipping||Hong Kong|
Contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioBuy Hong Kong are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioBuy to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.