Do you mix production sound? AudioBuy is about to make your gig a lot easier. The Sound Devices 688 is a compact, lightweight 12-input mixer with an integrated 16-track digital recorder. You've got a tough job, and Sound Devices gets it. With the 688 and its optional integrated powering and wireless system, cabling requirements are significantly decreased, de-cluttering your gear bag, increasing reliability, and vastly improving ease of use. And you can also say goodbye to concerns about battery life, power loss, and file corruption. The 688 has the I/O and pro features you require. Give your Sales Engineer a call to discuss what the Sound Devices 688 can do for your business.
Sound Devices 688 Production Sound Mixer/Recorder at a Glance:
- The flexibility you need for big productions
- 12-channel MixAssist auto-mixing
- Onboard 16-track digital recorder
- No power-loss worries with PowerSafe
- Pro Timecode and Metadata
The flexibility you need for big productions
Sound Devices equipped the 688 with six high-bandwidth mic/line inputs on XLR connectors, each complete with phantom power, highpass filter, analog input limiter, and panpot. Six additional line inputs on TA3 connectors give you the flexibility to handle more complex productions. All the inputs are pre- or post-fader assignable to the 688's eight output buses, left/right main outs, and Aux busses 1-6. The 688 can send its main left/right mix to three cameras concurrently via transformer-balanced XLR and Hirose connectors.
12-channel MixAssist auto-mixing
The 688 boasts a robust DSP engine that gives you 12-channel auto-mixing capability using Sound Devices's sophisticated algorithm, which has garnered broad acclaim throughout the Industry. MixAssist automatically attenuates the level of tacet inputs and helps maintain consistent background sound levels, regardless of how many open mics you have. By intelligently attenuating redundant mics, the 688 reduces the nasty comb filtering and phasing artifacts that occur when multiple mics capture the same sound source.
Onboard 16-track digital recorder
The Sound Devices 688 gives you 16-track, polyphonic or monophonic broadcast WAV file recording to SD and CompactFlash cards. All popular sampling rates are supported, including 192kHz on up to six tracks. You can set the memory cards independently, recording combinations of WAV and MP3 files or identical signals for real-time backup.
No power-loss worries with PowerSafe
The 688 incorporates Sound Devices's proprietary PowerSafe circuitry with smart sensing of available power sources, front panel warning indication of power loss, and an integrated 10-second power reserve that - in the event of an inadvertent power loss - lets the 688 safely stop recording, properly end all file operations, and automatically shut down. With the 633's QuickBoot power-on, you'll never miss a word of dialog - it powers up in under two seconds, so you'll be up and recording fast when the director calls action.
Pro Timecode and Metadata
The 688 features Sound Devices's renowned Ambient timecode generator and reader that supports all common rates and modes. You even get a super-helpful timecode compare utility that displays the difference between internal and external timecode. The 688 also generates sound reports and supports extensive metadata via the front panel or an attached (optional) USB keyboard.
Sound Devices 688 Production Sound Mixer/Recorder Features:
- MixAssist 12-input auto-mixer
- 12 analog inputs: six mic/line preamps plus six line inputs
- All inputs have front-panel faders and PFLs
- 16-track recording to SD and CompactFlash cards; timecode-stamped WAV and MP3 files
- Eight output buses: L/R mix plus Aux 1-6
- Transformer-balanced XLR and Hirose outs for freedom from ground loops
- Two AES42/AES3 inputs, eight AES3 outputs
- Direct menu control of SuperSlot- compatible wireless (with SL-6)
- PowerSafe protects files from power loss
- 2-second power on-to-recording
- Flexible digital mixing and routing
- Supports all sample rates up to 192kHz
- Adjustable input and output delay
- Three camera returns and dedicated COM return
- Internal and external slate mic inputs
- Ambient TC generator and reader and internal TC backup battery
- Easy to navigate interface
- 1000-nit LCD visible in all light conditions, configurable metering
- Accepts optional USB keyboard for metadata entry
- User-configurable headphone presets
- Light-weight, durable carbon-fiber chassis
- Powered by AA-battery (x5), external DC or NP1 via SL-6
- Optional Accessories:
- SL-6 power distribution and 6-ch SuperSlot wireless receiver system
- CL-6 input controller with LED metering and transport controls
Mix production sound? You need the Sound Devices 688!
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days. You will not receive a Paypal invoice to complete payment if your order is on backorder or unavailable with the manufacturer for shipment.
The includes a 1 Year return to base warranty. This warranty applies to all equipment which has developed a manufacturer defect during application. Please contact us to confirm the availability and lowest price for any product. For quotes and price matching requests, contact us and include the competing website address.
|Condition||Sealed / New|
|Free Shipping||Hong Kong|
Contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioBuy Hong Kong are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioBuy to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.