This Modular Channel Strip and A/D is a Studio Workhorse
This version of the SPL Frontliner channel strip boasts the same impressive functionality of the standard Frontliner, and it adds a two-channel A/D converter with 24-bit/192kHz resolution for more connectivity options. Its modular nature, with individual analog ins and outs for the preamp, de-esser, compressor/limiter, and EQ/tube saturation sections, means the Frontliner also represents four outstanding hardware processors in one. The rich, clear sound is ideal for everything from music recording to voiceovers and broadcast. Capture polished recordings on the way in, then take advantage of four world-class analog processors during mixdown with the SPL Frontliner modular channel strip.
SPL Frontliner Channel Strip
- Top-shelf components and design for outstanding sound
- Built-in 2-channel A/D converter for more routing options
- A versatile front end for agile studio performance
- Easily fits into your studio
Top-shelf components and design for outstanding sound
Time to get geeky: the SPL Frontliner boasts a discrete semiconductor/tube hybrid preamplifier that combines the best characteristics of solid-state and tube preamp technologies. You get the high dynamic range and low-noise operation of semiconductor-based preamps, with the appealing highs and beautiful spatial impression that tubes provide. The preamp and tube saturation stages of the Frontliner operate at 250 volts for ample headroom and excellent transient response. Renowned Burr-Brown op-amps are used to regulate voltage throughout the signal path. Even the wiring follows a central-star grounding scheme that minimizes electrical noise and interference. From input to output, the SPL Frontliner has obviously been designed by engineers who know how world-class sound quality is achieved.
Built-in 2-channel A/D converter for more routing options
This Frontliner is equipped with the optional analog to digital converter right out of the box. This allows you to send the output of the Frontliner digitally into your recording system, and it also effectively turns your Frontliner into a two-input front end: just plug any line-level signal into the AD Input on the back panel. While you may not use it on every session, at some point you will find yourself in a routing situation where the additional A/D capabilities on this Frontliner get you out of a jam. Digital outputs include S/PDIF and optical, with sync available via a dedicated S/PDIF input.
A versatile front end for agile studio performance
We're often asked at AudioBuy.com.au Australia to recommend a does-it-all workhorse front end for recording, and the SPL Frontliner is a good example of such a channel strip. The Frontliner's preamp section sets an outstanding foundation for more than recording with microphones. It has a line input in addition to the mic input, ideal for adding some body to virtual instruments or lifeless recordings. It's also the perfect way to optimize the signal level of quieter tracks that you intend to process with the de-esser, compressor, EQ, and tube saturation modules during mixdown. The front-panel instrument input also makes the Frontliner a sweet choice for recording electric bass and guitar direct.
Easily fits into your studio
A great way to employ the SPL Frontliner in your studio is to connect each individual module (preamp, de-esser, comp/limiter, EQ/tube saturation, and main outs) to available inputs and outputs on your audio interface. When you're ready to track a vocalist, just leave the Frontliner's external input switches disengaged. Hook up your mic, then tweak each module to taste until you have a radio-ready sound. When you're mixing, engage the external inputs for the sections you want to use for processing individual tracks from your DAW, then route those tracks to the appropriate outputs on your interface. If you need to record an instrument direct, just plug into the front panel and engage the instrument input to capture vivid guitar or bass tone, with or without extra processing from the other modules. Use the S/PDIF digital output to get back into your DAW with ultra-high quality. The SPL Frontliner will serve you well for virtually any audio task in your studio.
SPL Frontliner Channel Strip Features
- Modular channel strip with preamp, de-esser, comp/limiter, and EQ/tube saturation sections
- Built-in 2-channel A/D converter for digital connectivity (S/PDIF, optical)
- Excellent dynamic range and low-noise performance from the discrete solid-state/tube hybrid preamp design
- Individual analog I/O for each section allows you to use processors separately during mixdown
- Auto-mode on the compressor can still be influenced by the attack/release controls for fine-tuned response
- Dual outputs allow you to feed 2 destinations simultaneously, for example a front of house mixing board and a monitor mixer for live performance
- Tube +15dB switch increases the degree of tube amplification for enhanced harmonic richness
- A great workhorse solution for project studios, pro studios, and broadcast
- Top-shelf components and circuit design for outstanding sonic quality
Record and mix better tracks with the SPL Frontliner modular channel strip!
SPL Frontliner + Digital Output Tech Specs
- Preamp Type Tube/Solid-state hybrid
- Number of Channels 1
- Frequency Response 10Hz-50kHz
- Phantom Power Yes
- EQ Yes
- Compressor Yes
- Other Processing De-Esser, Tube Saturation
- Analog Inputs 5 x XLR, 1 x Inst
- Analog Outputs 6 x XLR
- Digital Outputs 1 x S/PDIF, 1 x optical
- Other I/O 1 x Sync (S/PDIF)
The includes a 1 Year return to base warranty. This warranty applies to all equipment which has developed a manufacturer defect during application. Please contact us to confirm the availability and lowest price for any product. For quotes and price matching requests, contact us and include the competing website address.
|Condition||Sealed / New|
|Free Shipping||Hong Kong|
|Delivered HKD Price||Shown at checkout|
Look no further than AudioBuy when buying gear online in Hong Kong , always at the lowest price with free shipping to all locations serviced by FEDEX. Please contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioBuy Hong Kong are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioBuy Hong Kong to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.
All payments are processed securely by Paypal , offering both buyer and seller protection. Online orders are confirmed in stock and ready to ship before Paypal payment is completed. orders ship FEDEX and will require signature upon delivery. Orders are typically delivered within 4-5 business days following dispatch. Fedex tracking details are provided for all orders.
Hong Kong is a free port and does not levy any duty on imports (or exports). There is also no sales tax or other import charges. The total delivered price for delivery to Hong Kong will be . Detailed information on import declaration procedures and import restrictions can be found at the Hong Kong Customs website.
- Buy products with confidence.
- Ships to most locations in Hong Kong including Kowloon , Tsuen Wan and Yuen Long.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact AudioBuy.hk Hong Kong for detailed information about our warranty terms and conditions.