Ring modulation in a modular synth component.
SCI FI is a vintage-inspired ring modulation device. The SCI FI's ring-modulated signal is the sum and difference of the frequencies present in each waveform—a signal rich in partials—often producing a haunting, bell-like, metallic, and sometimes softly grinding, understated modulation awash in harmonic and non-harmonic tones.
SCI FI is getting better all the time with its companion LFO FREQ (low frequency oscillator), true analog PINK, and digital WHITE noise, S & H—a true sample and hold generator, with RANGE control, and LAG generator—a slew limiter that evens out changes in audio or modulation signals. This module is every bit as creamy sounding as it is electrically charged.
Six attenuation pots: RING MOD, LFO FREQ, WHITE, PINK, RANGE, and LAG.
Patch it Up
Seven patch points: RM X IN, RM Y IN, GATE, SOURCE, RM OUT, WHITE, PINK, and S & H OUT.
- RING MOD – Adjusts the ring mod depth.
- LFO FREQ – Adjusts the rate of the sample & hold.
- WHITE – Adjusts the white noise level.
- PINK – Adjusts the pink noise level.
- RANGE – Adjusts the sample & hold depth or intensity.
- LAG – Adjusts the sample and hold lag or slew limiting (glide): in the circuit after the sample & hold and before the range attenuator.
- RM X IN – Ring Mod X waveform input.
- RM Y IN – Ring Mod Y waveform input.
- GATE – External gate input for sample & hold.
- SOURCE – External audio input for sample & hold.
- RM OUT – Ring Mod output.
- WHITE – White noise output.
- PINK – Pink noise output—the pink noise is normaled to the source input of the sample & hold.
- S & H OUT – Sample & hold output.
- Size - 10hp
- Depth - 39.7mm with ribbon cable attached
- Power Usage - 48mA, 41mA (+12 / -12)
Ring modulation is not a sound you lean on all the time, but its charm is undeniable, that is if you appreciate short-circuiting alien robots fighting their way out of a soldered-shut trash can.
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days. You will not receive a Paypal invoice to complete payment if your order is on backorder or unavailable with the manufacturer for shipment.
The includes a 1 Year return to base warranty. This warranty applies to all equipment which has developed a manufacturer defect during application. Please contact us to confirm the availability and lowest price for any product. For quotes and price matching requests, contact us and include the competing website address.
|Condition||Sealed / New|
|Free Shipping||Hong Kong|
Contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioBuy Hong Kong are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioBuy to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.