Boomstar’s version of the famous dual mode CS80 filter.
The original CS80 fed an HP filter into a LP filter, but with the SE88 you can select MODE 1's HP or BR to feed MODE 2's LP or BP, or patch it to reverse that path. The audio signal is completely controllable with input and output levels for each filter. Cherish and respect your filter's input gain stages for a smooth yet often brassy sound, or shed your mercy for boiling, snarling bite, even to the blackout/cutout point; then blend the mode settings for the filter values you ultimately prefer.
To get things modulating, each filter employs attenuverters for frequency and resonance experimentation and decimation. While the SE88 does not self oscillate (Yamaha's creation didn't either), Boomstar did amp up the resonance level for full-throttle squelching. An additional master FM (frequency modulation) attenuverter-controlled level can feed both filters simultaneously, and tracking switches allow for individual keyboard response for each of the contrasting and complementary filter modes.
- FREQUENCY MODE 1 – Adjusts the frequency, or cutoff of Mode 1.
- 2/3 - 1/3 TRACK - Toggles tracking options for Mode 1.
- FM IN - Adjusts the master frequency modulation input.
- FULL - HALF TRACK - Toggles tracking options for Mode 2.
- FREQUENCY MODE 2 - Adjusts the frequency, or cutoff of Mode 2.
- RESONANCE – Adjusts the resonance of Mode 1's filter.
- M1 FM - Adjusts Mode 1's frequency modulation.
- RESONANCE – Adjusts the resonance of the Mode 2's filter.
- HP / BR - Toggles the High-Pass and Band-Reject option.
- M1 RES CV – Adjusts Mode 1's resonance control voltage.
- M2 RES CV – Adjusts Mode 2's resonance control voltage.
- INPUT – Adjusts the master audio input.
- M2 FM – Adjusts Mode 2's frequency modulation.
- OUTPUT – Adjust the audio output.
- 1 V/O – One volt per octave control voltage input.
- FM IN – Master frequency modulation input.
- M1 FM – Mode 1 frequency modulation input.
- M2 FM – Mode 2 frequency modulation input.
- M1 RES CV – Mode 1 resonance control voltage input.
- M2 RES CV – Mode 2 resonance control voltage input.
- M1 IN – Mode 1 input.
- LEVEL – Level control for Mode 1.
- M1 OUT – Mode 1 output.
- M2 IN – Mode 2 input.
- LEVEL – Level control for Mode 2.
- M2 OUT – Mode 2 output.
- Size - 20hp
- Depth - 39.7mm with ribbon cable attached
A revisiting of a history-making filter.
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days. You will not receive a Paypal invoice to complete payment if your order is on backorder or unavailable with the manufacturer for shipment.
The includes a 1 Year return to base warranty. This warranty applies to all equipment which has developed a manufacturer defect during application. Please contact us to confirm the availability and lowest price for any product. For quotes and price matching requests, contact us and include the competing website address.
|Condition||Sealed / New|
|Free Shipping||Hong Kong|
Contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioBuy Hong Kong are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioBuy to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.