The TASCAM DR-10SG packs problem-solving punch into a small package. Combining both a purpose built shotgun microphone and a professional quality digital recorder in a single unit, the DR-10SG addresses many issues faced by today's DSLR videographer. First and foremost, the DR-10SG features an extremely directional supercardioid microphone and an integrated shock-resistant mounting foot. The dual benefits of this design include the rejection of unwanted ambient sound during filming and the avoidance of physically transmitted noise from shutter or lens mechanisms.
Coupled with this is a professional quality digital recorder featuring four selectable EQ modes, audio pass-through to the camera and an on-board audio slate for synchronization during post production. As an added safeguard against unexpected volume spikes, the DR-10SG also features TASCAM's unique Dual Recording mode which automatically records a second "safety take" at a lower level.
Designed to deliver excellent quality, while addressing the inherent issues of on-camera audio, the DR-10SG will prove to be a valuable tool in your audio arsenal.
An all-new shotgun capsule was designed by TASCAM for the DR-10SG. The super-cardioid pickup pattern picks up sound in the direction it is pointing, rejecting ambient noise and reverberation. The design of this microphone is purpose-built to capture your subject's voice from your camera, without noise from traffic, surf, echo, and other distractions.
The DR-10SG's built-in shoe mount adapter attaches it directly to the camera while staying out of your way. Even when guerilla shooting or grabbing hand-held shots, the DR-10SG focuses on your subject for great-sounding results.
The DR-10SG provides digital recording with the convenience of a camera accessory. Detailed electrical design includes rejection of power supply and camera noise in a compact design. Controlled listening tests during the design stage led to consisent improvements in the design, from the best shotgun capsule design to the need for high-performance capacitors in the power supply.
Shock mount mechanism and noise isolation arm reduce handling and lens operation noise.
A floating shock mount mechanism sits between the recorder and the shoe mount, reducing vibration and other noise transmitted from the camera body. Also included, a noise isolation arm moves the recorder away from the camera, lens, and other sources of noise. This is especially useful to reduce noise generated by autofocus motors.
The DR-10SG has an output jack for DSLR and video cameras. Connecting this to the camera allows it to record a copy of the sound that the DR-10SG picked up. This allows the audio recorded on camera to be higher quality, and makes it simple to syncronize audio with the video in your editing software.
For compatibility with many cameras that come with different input sensitivities and levels, the DR-10SG has an output volume control to avoid distortion. A custom attenuation cable maximizes signal quality when a camera has just a mic-level input. The camera out jack doubles up as a headphone output.
A built-in generator produces slate tones providing convenient reference points for lining up video and audio files after recording. Slate tones are automatically produced when recording starts and stops. The volume of slate tones can be set to OFF, LOW or HIGH. By connecting the DR-10SG back to the camera with the included cable, the camera's video file also gets the slate tones. If you need perfect syncronization, zoom into your editing software and line up the sine waves.
Film-making often involves sudden audio volume jumps. An actor could decide to scream a line and a documentary subject could do almost anything. On a single-person shoot, the camera operator has enough to worry about without keeping their hand on the volume knob for dialog level changes.
The DR-10SG has several features to prevent distorted audio, but the most secure is Dual Recording. This feature captures a copy of your signal at a lower level, as a safety track in case of distortion.
You can always monitor the battery level on the easy-to-read Organic EL display. If the battery runs out in the middle of a recording, the unit will automatically save the file before turning off so your take isn't lost. And the case is designed so that batteries can be changed quickly, without removing the recorder from the camera shoe mount.
If the input sound level is too low or too high, an automatic level function can increase or decrease the recording volume to an appropriate level. The limiter prevents distortion caused by sudden input overloads. These functions save you from worrying about recording level settings in situations when there is no second chance.
The DR-10SG has been designed to be compact and lightweight to maintain mobility even when used on the lightest and smallest cameras. The single AAA battery lasts for hours and won't put a strain on the camera's shoe mount. And the whole unit is compact enough to be held with action cameras like the GoPro.
One easily obtained Alkaline AAA battery powers the DR-10SG for 8.5 hours continuously. The DR-10SG can also use disposable lithium or rechargeable NiMH batteries.
- Supercardioid shotgun microphone
- Shoe adapter (ISO/JIS standard) attaches to a camera accessory shoe.
- Records to microSD or microSDHC cards.
- Records 44.1/ 48 kHz, 16/24-bit, mono or poly linear PCM (WAV/BWF)files.
- Built-in clock stamps BWF files with time-of-day information for additional convenience when editing or searching for files.
- Equalizer has four presets that can be selected to match the recording conditions.
- Limiter automatically reduces high input levels to suitable levels.
- Low cut filter reduces low-frequency noise (120Hz cutoff frequency).
- Dual recording for two files to be recorded simultaneously with different gain levels.
- Slate tone for conveniently synchronizing with video files.
- Camera out jack (combined with headphone jack)outputs audio to a camera.
- Automatic file closing prevents the loss of data before the battery runs out.
- Included noise isolation arm reduces lens operation noise.
- Included attenuation cable matches output audio signal level when connected to a camera.
- Included cable clip secures attenuation and headphone cables.
- Tripod threads (ISO/JIS standards for mounting directly to a camera tripod or rig.
- Playback to headphones to check recorded file contents immediately.
- Time track increment silently and seamlessly splits a recording by creating a new file at regular intervals (about 15 minutes)for easier editing.
- File naming based on a user-specified word or the current date.
- Operates on 1 AAA battery (alkaline, rechargeable NiMH or disposable lithium)or USB bus power.
- Secondary lithium-ion battery maintains date and time information.
- 3.5mm(1/8")headphone jack built in.
- Easy to read 96x16 dot OEL display with wide viewing angle.
- Micro-B USB 2.0 port to easily transfer files to a computer.
The includes a 1 Year return to base warranty. This warranty applies to all equipment which has developed a manufacturer defect during application. Please contact us to confirm the availability and lowest price for any product. For quotes and price matching requests, contact us and include the competing website address.
|Condition||Sealed / New|
|Free Shipping||Hong Kong|
|Delivered HKD Price||Shown at checkout|
Look no further than AudioBuy when buying gear online in Hong Kong , always at the lowest price with free shipping to all locations serviced by FEDEX. Please contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioBuy Hong Kong are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioBuy Hong Kong to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.
All payments are processed securely by Paypal , offering both buyer and seller protection. Online orders are confirmed in stock and ready to ship before Paypal payment is completed. orders ship FEDEX and will require signature upon delivery. Orders are typically delivered within 4-5 business days following dispatch. Fedex tracking details are provided for all orders.
Hong Kong is a free port and does not levy any duty on imports (or exports). There is also no sales tax or other import charges. The total delivered price for delivery to Hong Kong will be . Detailed information on import declaration procedures and import restrictions can be found at the Hong Kong Customs website.
- Buy products with confidence.
- Ships to most locations in Hong Kong including Kowloon , Tsuen Wan and Yuen Long.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact AudioBuy.hk Hong Kong for detailed information about our warranty terms and conditions.
There are zero import tax/duty charges into Hong Kong