The Tascam DR-40X integrates a versatile four-track audio recorder for cinema, music, podcasting and any other application. The easy-to-use compact design with a high-performance feature set and versatile audio I/O, allow you to produce professional content.
Dual Neutrik XLR/TRS combo jacks support both mic-level and +4dBu line-level. The DR-40X inputs can accept balanced microphone or line level from mixers or the FOH console. The microphone preamp includes +48V phantom power and plenty of gain for detailed recordings with condenser microphones, as well as electret type microphones. Using the stereo built-in microphones, you can capture ambient sound of the surroundings while recording direct from an external console, which is ideal for capturing live performances.
DR-40X allows high-quality recording with its stereo built-in condenser microphones. Every detail is captured from small whispers to loud sounds up to 125dB SPL. These built-in microphones are adjustable unidirectional microphones for recording in an X/Y pattern for tight stereo imaging, or in an A/B pattern for a more ambient recording.
Tascam created a totally revamped user interface, making it easy to access recording, adjusting levels, deleting takes, adding markers, and other common functions with just the click of a thumb. And DR-40X now includes a new powerful bright white backlit display that's easy to see even in the brightest sunlight.
The DR-40X taps into Tascam's decades of innovation in computer-based recording, incorporating a studio-quality 2 in/2 out USB audio interface making the DR-40X a perfect fit for live streaming, podcasting, and digital audio workstations. Built-in microphones operate as USB microphones without complicated settings.
Multi-language menus in English, Spanish, French, Italian, German, Russian, Chinese, Korean, Japanese, and Portuguese are included.
Writing down what you hear is easier said than done, but it is actually easy with DR-40X. In addition to its capability to capture crisp voice recording, DR-40X can help you with its instant Jump back function, variable Speed function and equalizer preset for human voice.
Film-makers and videographers often experience sudden audio volume spikes during filming. An actor could suddenly scream, or a documentary subject could do almost anything. DR-40X has a Dual Recording mode that captures a copy of your take but at a lower level, as a safety track in case of sudden distortion.
In addition to normal stereo channel recording and Dual Recording mode, DR-40X has "4CH Mode" that can record two different stereo feeds simultaneously. The combination of the sources are flexible; recording the built-in microphones along with a pair of external Mics such as close-up and ambient microphones, or recording the built-in Mics along with a balanced line input such as the feed from a mixer along with the sound in the environment.
DR-40X is equipped with Auto Recording functionality to automatically start recording when an input signal is detected, and Peak Reduction technology to guard against sudden spikes in loudness. Recording modes include Overwrite Mode, which allows users to select a precise Record drop-in time for replacement recording with one level of undo, and Nondestructive Overdubbing allows you to record new sounds onto an existing recording while leaving the original file unaffected.
The DR-40X allows studio-quality linear PCM recordings up to 96kHz/24-bit WAV/BWF format, as well as memory-friendly MP3 format. With extended battery life and increased capacity for microSDXC cards up to 128GB, the DR-40X can literally record for days on end.
- 4-track handheld digital audio recorder and USB audio interface -- an ideal choice for DSLR filmmakers, musicians, sound designers, podcasters, and more
- Dual unidirectional stereo condenser mics scalable for A/B or X/Y recording
- XLR/TRS combo inputs compatible with +4dBu line level/+48V
- Built-in +48V phantom power
- 4-channel recording mode for nondestructive overdubbing or multi-track recording
- Integrated 2-In/2-Out USB audio interface for PC or Mac recording, podcasting
- Multi-language menus in English, Spanish, French, Italian, German, Russian, Chinese, Korean, Japanese, and Portuguese are included
- MS Decoding functionality for Mid-Side microphones
- Optional RC-3F foot switch and RC-10 wired remote control
- Overwrite function for punch-in replace recording, with one level of Undo
- Dictation mode to instantly incrementally jump back playback including speed control and a special dictation EQ
- Auto Recording function starts recording when sound level is detected
- Simple one-touch user interface with QUICK menu button for all common functions
- Extended battery life up to 17.5 hours with standard AA alkaline batteries
- High-capacity microSDXC card -- room for hundreds of hours of recording time
The includes a 1 Year return to base warranty. This warranty applies to all equipment which has developed a manufacturer defect during application. Please contact us to confirm the availability and lowest price for any product. For quotes and price matching requests, contact us and include the competing website address.
|Condition||Sealed / New|
|Free Shipping||Hong Kong|
|Delivered HKD Price||Shown at checkout|
Look no further than AudioBuy when buying gear online in Hong Kong , always at the lowest price with free shipping to all locations serviced by FEDEX. Please contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioBuy Hong Kong are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioBuy Hong Kong to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.
Online orders are confirmed in stock and ready to ship before payment is completed. orders ship FEDEX and will require signature upon delivery. Orders are typically delivered within 4-5 business days following dispatch. Fedex tracking details are provided for all orders.
Hong Kong is a free port and does not levy any duty on imports (or exports). There is also no sales tax or other import charges. The total delivered price for delivery to Hong Kong will be . Detailed information on import declaration procedures and import restrictions can be found at the Hong Kong Customs website.
- Buy products with confidence.
- Ships to most locations in Hong Kong including Kowloon , Tsuen Wan and Yuen Long.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact AudioBuy.hk Hong Kong for detailed information about our warranty terms and conditions.