This new version of the Culture Vulture Mastering was introduced in 2011, designed to give the user not only an accurate “mastering” version of the Culture Vulture but more effect options. The unit is accurately aligned for stereo or single channel operation. All valves are “military” specification, NOS, made in France and USA and have low noise plus extended life. With mastering in mind, this version of the Culture Vulture retains all of the qualities of the earlier design, and has closely matched controls and valves. A test report is supplied with each one, which gives the optimum current (usually 0.25 mA) which the Bias controls should be set to for minimum distortion. The text below refers to one channel (the other the same). The “Function” control now has 4 settings:
- T triode type 2nd harmonic distortion
- P1 pentode type, 3rd harmonics
- P2 new setting, as P1 up to a peak, then over-compresses with distortion effects
- P3 the original P2 setting (“no holds barred”)
The Drive control consists of an indented pot for fine control and a switch which increases the input gain in 2x 10 dB steps to “Overdrive”. The Output Level control also has an indented pot for fine control and a -10 dB switchable attenuator.
Sowter transformers are used to balance line input and output, but DI input and low level output are both unbalanced. The DI input is high impedance, high gain for instrument use.
The bypass switch ignores the DI input and connects any signal coming to the line input jack to the line output jack, bypassing the electronics for comparison purposes.
Thermionic Culture Vulture Mast Features
- Low noise + long life valves.
- Accurate side to side matching.
- Frequency response extended.
- Indented controls for easier recall.
- Function switch has extra distortion type position.
- Overdrive switch has extra mid-way position.
- Output attenuator switch for better control of strong signals.
- Balanced line inputs and outputs on stereo jacks.
The includes a 1 Year return to base warranty. This warranty applies to all equipment which has developed a manufacturer defect during application. Please contact us to confirm the availability and lowest price for any product. For quotes and price matching requests, contact us and include the competing website address.
|Condition||Sealed / New|
|Free Shipping||Hong Kong|
|Delivered HKD Price||Shown at checkout|
Look no further than AudioBuy when buying gear online in Hong Kong , always at the lowest price with free shipping to all locations serviced by FEDEX. Please contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioBuy Hong Kong are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioBuy Hong Kong to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.
Online orders are confirmed in stock and ready to ship before payment is completed. orders ship FEDEX and will require signature upon delivery. Orders are typically delivered within 4-5 business days following dispatch. Fedex tracking details are provided for all orders.
Hong Kong is a free port and does not levy any duty on imports (or exports). There is also no sales tax or other import charges. The total delivered price for delivery to Hong Kong will be . Detailed information on import declaration procedures and import restrictions can be found at the Hong Kong Customs website.
- Buy products with confidence.
- Ships to most locations in Hong Kong including Kowloon , Tsuen Wan and Yuen Long.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact AudioBuy.hk Hong Kong for detailed information about our warranty terms and conditions.