The URS 1980 Series compressor digitally re-creates the popular 1980's British Console Buss Compressor all the way down to the the IC input and voltage controlled gain reduction amplifier (VCA) characteristics. Using hi-resolution 48-bit "double precision" processing, the 1980 Series is able to minimize internal clipping in the digital domain for the purest sound, optimum clarity, and lots of headroom.The Compressor and Limiter sections are totally independent of each other. Both feature separate variable Attack, Release and Threshold controls. For injecting some British sound into your mixes, be it on individual tracks or the overall mix, it's the URS 1980.
URS 1980 Compressor Bundle
- Independent Compressor and Limiter sections
- Built-in Internal Side Chain Filtering
- Listen Key
- Signal Flow
- Classic Sound with Modern Features
- Two Different Plug-ins
Independent Compressor and Limiter sections
The Compressor and Limiter sections are totally independent of each other. Both feature separate variable Attack, Release and Threshold controls.
Built-in Internal Side Chain Filtering
The Internal Side Chain High and Low Pass Filters fine tune how narrow or "Broad Band" the URS 1980 Classic Console Compressor will affect the program material. Both Filters completely overlap to dial in problem frequencies.
The Listen Key is after the Filters section. The Listen Key allows you to monitor the signal being sent to the Gain Reduction detection circuit.
The URS 1980 Classic Compressor signal flow inserts the Gain Makeup control before the final Limiter. This is the secret to how hard you can hit the final "Brick Wall" Limiter. The URS Classic Compressor utilizes Feed-back gain sensing. Feed-back gain sensing gives Compression and Limiting a servo type of control.
Classic Sound with Modern Features
The URS 1980 Classic Console Compressor adds other powerful modern features such as totally variable Compression Ratios, Attack and Release times.
Two Different Plug-ins
Two different URS 1980 Classic Compressor plug-ins are included: A Compressor/Limiter/Side Chain version and the Compressor only version. The 1980 Compressor/Limiter/Side chain version has a modern "Brick Wall Limiter that was not found on the vintage unit. The 1980 Compressor/Limiter/Side chain version is also well suited for drum Sub groups, Aux sends, and highly recommended especially on the Mix Bus.
The 1980 Compressor only version is also 3x more DSP efficient. The 1980 Compressor Only version will act as a Limiter when the ratio is set at 10:1 and above.
URS 1980 Compressor Bundle Features
- Input Level
- Gain Make up Output Control
- Separate Limiter and Compressor Threshold controls
- Variable Limiter Attack Time .1ms - 50ms.
- Variable Limiter Release Time 10ms - 1500ms
- "Brick Wall" Limiter Ratio fixed at 1000:1
- Variable Compressor Attack Time 1ms - 50ms.
- Variable Compressor Release Time 100ms - 1500ms.
- Selectable Compressor Ratio 1:1, 2:1, 3:1, 4:1. 6:1, 8:1, 10:1, 20:1. Infinity
- Variable Hi-pass Filter Side chain @ 12dB per Octave 20hz to 5K
- Variable Lo-pass Filter Side chain @ 12dB per Octave 20Khz to 1k
- External Side Capability for ProTools TDM systems and other Host Applications where supported
- Gain Reduction Meter
- In / Out Bypass switch - selectable Limiter, Compressor or both
- Line input Trim offers -10 to +20 gain variable to .1db
- Plasma Style Input and Output VU Meters
Classic Compression with the URS 1980 Compressor Bundle!
URS 1980 Classic Console Compressor - Native (Download) Tech Specs
- Software Type Compressor
- Platform Mac, PC
- Upgrade/Full Full
- Download/Boxed Download
- iLok Required Yes
- Format RTAS, AU, VST
- Hardware Requirements - Mac Intel or PPC
- OS Requirements - Mac OS X 10.4
- OS Requirements - PC Windows XP
- Manufacturer Part Number URS1980NATE
The includes a 1 Year return to base warranty. This warranty applies to all equipment which has developed a manufacturer defect during application. Please contact us to confirm the availability and lowest price for any product. For quotes and price matching requests, contact us and include the competing website address.
|Condition||Sealed / New|
|Free Shipping||Hong Kong|
|Delivered HKD Price||Shown at checkout|
Look no further than AudioBuy when buying gear online in Hong Kong , always at the lowest price with free shipping to all locations serviced by FEDEX. Please contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioBuy Hong Kong are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioBuy Hong Kong to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.
Online orders are confirmed in stock and ready to ship before payment is completed. orders ship FEDEX and will require signature upon delivery. Orders are typically delivered within 4-5 business days following dispatch. Fedex tracking details are provided for all orders.
Hong Kong is a free port and does not levy any duty on imports (or exports). There is also no sales tax or other import charges. The total delivered price for delivery to Hong Kong will be . Detailed information on import declaration procedures and import restrictions can be found at the Hong Kong Customs website.
- Buy products with confidence.
- Ships to most locations in Hong Kong including Kowloon , Tsuen Wan and Yuen Long.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact AudioBuy.hk Hong Kong for detailed information about our warranty terms and conditions.